Troopers

Blue Devils

Mandarins

Shadow (inactive in 2022)

Battalion

Raiders 

Oregon Crusaders (inactive)

Did I forget any?

By my math that is 11 of the 42 active Corps listed on DCI.org, or 26%.   And these are only the Corps with published allegations 

So 74% did not. That's a majority.

Yes, I am sure there are many allegations that are unpublished. On the other hand, we don't know the nature of those published accusations above, or if they were actually substantiated or not.  

I just feel that any particular violation (or criminal act) needs to be dealt with in regards to that particular organization and the adults responsible. I think we should avoid throwing a blanket of shame over the entire activity. There are still a lot of good corps doing the right things. 

Edited by PricklyPear
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, PricklyPear said:

So 74% did not.

Yes, I am sure there are many allegations that are unpublished. On the other hand, we don't know the nature of those published accusations above, or if they were actually substantiated or not.  

I just feel that the particular violation (or criminal act) needs to be dealt with in regards to that particular organization - and the adults responsible. I think we should avoid throwing a blanket of shame over the entire activity. There are still a lot of good corps doing the right things. 

If you look at top 12, there are 7 on the list (inc a world champion) - that is 58%.

I have heard rumors about another top-12 that could be on the list but have no first hand info so until someone who does posts I will keep it at 58%.  And, by definition we don't know about the ones we don't know about.

13 minutes ago, PricklyPear said:

I think we should avoid throwing a blanket of shame over the entire activity. There are still a lot of good corps doing the right things. 

Let’s look at the group responsible for the entire Junior activity. There is where a lot of the shame should go. There are good corps but they will be damaged by this too by DCIs inactions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

IDK how you define majority, but since 2018 we have had accusations against:

Cadets

Pioneer (now inactive)

Cavaliers

Phantom

Crown 

SoA

Crossmen

Troopers

Blue Devils

Mandarins

Shadow (inactive in 2022)

Battalion

Raiders 

Oregon Crusaders (inactive)

Did I forget any?

SCV

Genesis

Music City

Southwind

and a vague allegation about Bluecoats

(mind you, that is just since April 2018)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PricklyPear said:

I just feel that any particular violation (or criminal act) needs to be dealt with in regards to that particular organization and the adults responsible. I think we should avoid throwing a blanket of shame over the entire activity. 

That's an attitude that encourages more of the same.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the problem is getting people to come forward. several names have been mentioned here over the years, but they get removed because no formal allegations were made. 

I know.  I would probably have my internet connection severed if I even started to compose a post about

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Opinion requested - do people think DCI Office & individual Corps are reading these threads on DCP & Reddit?   Not ‘will they do anything’ - just are they aware of what is happening here (& on Reddit)?

Hell no; they're too busy working on that "god-forsaken" website & trying to figure out how to post the schedule/tickets.  It's crazy how you can't access your personal DCI ticket account via a simple tab/link on their website.  You have to access through a specific show on the schedule or I just type in "DCI ticket showare" in google...  

:soapbox: 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, PricklyPear said:

So 74% did not. That's a majority.

I just feel that any particular violation (or criminal act) needs to be dealt with in regards to that particular organization and the adults responsible. I think we should avoid throwing a blanket of shame over the entire activity. There are still a lot of good corps doing the right things. 

I couldn’t agree more. 

21 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Hell no; they're too busy working on that "god-forsaken" website & trying to figure out how to post the schedule/tickets.  It's crazy how you can't access your personal DCI ticket account via a simple tab/link on their website.  You have to access through a specific show on the schedule or I just type in "DCI ticket showare" in google...  

:soapbox: 

Well I wouldn't know as there isn't a show within 7-8 hours of here (each way).  No contests seen since 2013 when I was visiting my dad for a few days in northern Indiana & I went to open class prelims.  But that is a rant for a different day.  Or perhaps never if DCI/Corps don't slay the abuse dragon immediately forevermore.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
clarity
  • Like 1