And the floodgates are opening

18 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok by “let those involved sort it out” and “that’s for SoA not DCP”  thought you meant DCP should be quiet (and not just me in particular) until this is resolved.

Didn’t mean to imply that posters shut up, including yourself, but some posters are taking this to the extreme and calling for DCI to burn down ….heads need to roll etc. So if that happens…are these the same people who will rebuild the activity from a grass roots level? I think, probably not.

We as posters can only go so far in bending DCI to DCP’s will. If the situation is that bad, contact DCI directly and publish their response. That will provide transparency.

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Was thinking that too and wonder if there would be a DCW if DCI told its people not to give info to Steve.

Rock/hard place but DCW could get out the full story IF DCI DECIDED TO BE OPEN ABOUT THIS WHOLE MESS

I thought Steve covered the Cadets stuff when it broke? he's also reliant on what writers send to him. i would do show reviews, but i  never did real articles...mainly cause of time

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If you look at top 12, there are 7 on the list (inc a world champion) - that is 58%.

I have heard rumors about another top-12 that could be on the list but have no first hand info so until someone who does posts I will keep it at 58%.  And, by definition we don't know about the ones we don't know about.

actually 5 former champions

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Hell no; they're too busy working on that "god-forsaken" website & trying to figure out how to post the schedule/tickets.  It's crazy how you can't access your personal DCI ticket account via a simple tab/link on their website.  You have to access through a specific show on the schedule or I just type in "DCI ticket showare" in google...  

:soapbox: 

oh no, they're reading. doing jack #### but reading

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

It depends on how probation is enforced. That’s incumbent on DCI and it’s organizations, not outraged posters here on DCP. Hopefully those in charge will see what’s happening amongst it’s fan base and become more transparent. I don’t think the activity in general is in peril but it does deserve scrutiny on both the accuser and the accused sides of the story.

IMO You’re coming across as an apologist who believes that if we don’t agree with your opinion, there’s something wrong with us and we need to be shouted down. There is clearly a cesspool of shady characters infesting this activity - membership included. 

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

It depends on how probation is enforced. That’s incumbent on DCI and it’s organizations, not outraged posters here on DCP. Hopefully those in charge will see what’s happening amongst it’s fan base and become more transparent. I don’t think the activity in general is in peril but it does deserve scrutiny on both the accuser and the accused sides of the story.

IMO, the only way for probation to have teeth is financial pain for the offender. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok by “let those involved sort it out” and “that’s for SoA not DCP”  thought you meant DCP should be quiet (and not just me in particular) until this is resolved.

DCP will be what DCP and the admins want it to be. regardless of what those involved do or don't want...and thats as it should be.

and as for letting those involved sorting it out, well...here we are 4 years after the story that rocked drum corps to its core, and this is still happening. Sorry i have little faith in those involved 

• Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Didn’t mean to imply that posters shut up, including yourself, but some posters are taking this to the extreme and calling for DCI to burn down ….heads need to roll etc. So if that happens…are these the same people who will rebuild the activity from a grass roots level? I think, probably not.

We as posters can only go so far in bending DCI to DCP’s will. If the situation is that bad, contact DCI directly and publish their response. That will provide transparency.

so after 4 years and how many corps with stories coming out is ok to "let them handle it?"

sorry, that train rolled out of the station in say oh 2019.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3