And the floodgates are opening

35 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You need a great router nowadays with so many things using wireless.  We built  a smart house down here and everything is wireless.

sorry OT.  Carry on.

Well, I built my smart house 20 years ago and it's completely wired.  Because wired is ALWAYS better.  That being said, if you aren't using Ubiquiti wireless access points you are missing the boat.  I have at least 20 devices working on these and they are great.

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

trust me, the only money spent so far was Allentown tickets. I may sell them. but in your apologist posting, you miss the actual point.....probation is lip service. Fine the #### out of a corps that screws up. Withhold tour revenue. Lord knows DCI could afford to have some cash in the corporate reserves, because someday, a lawyers gonna come knocking, and it'll cost a lot more than settling with Tresona did.

This may already be in happening.  As someone else pointed out, the SoA accusations are organized in a manner that could be used in a lawsuit; her parents are obviously performing due diligence following up with Alabama law enforcement (2 jurisdictions). The OP's actions are far more than just a p*ssed off parent yelling at a Corps director. I suspect there are lawyers at work.  

1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

Well, I built my smart house 20 years ago and it's completely wired.  Because wired is ALWAYS better.  That being said, if you aren't using Ubiquiti wireless access points you are missing the boat.  I have at least 20 devices working on these and they are great.

I have no Idea  but so far so good. We Stream tv on the lanai no issues. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

will it be dealt with? Have you rad the young lady from Spirit's timeline of events? 

Thank you again for your patience and keep fighting. #DoBetterSOA
Lots of love,
McKenzee Grace

not much urgency there.

Just an observation / comment

I think McKenzee has earned the right to be nicknamed 'Mac the Knife'

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Just an observation / comment

I think McKenzee has earned the right to be nicknamed 'Mac the Knife'

To cut through the bull droppings….

10 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

To reiterate, the case that came to light involved an out of control rookie talent night that took place on a bus. How does one just “walk away” from a situation like that? 

That person leaves tour and reports said incident to the authorities.  Mms are sent home from tour all the time for various reasons.

Have a nice summer everyone. It’s been an interesting discussion but one I’m afraid won’t move the needle as far as DCI is concerned.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

This may already be in happening.  As someone else pointed out, the SoA accusations are organized in a manner that could be used in a lawsuit; her parents are obviously performing due diligence following up with Alabama law enforcement (2 jurisdictions). The OP's actions are far more than just a p*ssed off parent yelling at a Corps director. I suspect there are lawyers at work.  

My thoughts on lawyer involvement: when the original accusations were posted, lawyers were probably not yet involved. The victim may have had assistance with writing the complaints which has nothing to do with credibility as much as support and assuring clarity, but I don’t think a lawyer was involved. I think most lawyers would not recommend posting an accusation on Facebook to be picked up by DCP and Reddit as well as other FB durum corps pages and be debated thoroughly by drum corps fans. DA’s find prosecuting cases difficult when the media is involved and social media makes matters worse. Often it is a victim’s lawyer who makes public statements not the actual victim and that’s across the board no matter what the crime. It’s defense lawyers who love the “court of public opinion.

As far as Spirit is concerned, I think their silence is a sign lawyers are involved. That being said, one thing that baffles me a bit is why Spirit as of last night still had its FB page open. Common sense would be to close the page, even if it is temporary.  

• Thanks 1