And the floodgates are opening

2 hours ago, Lance said:

Exactly how DCI and member corps have played this game for decades.  And they're obviously trying to continue now.  DCI's default has been to say it's an individual corps problem.  Meanwhile, DCI has indeed put out "policies" that apply to all corps, but those policies are intentionally toothless and DCI avoids responsibility by saying it's up to individual corps to enforce those policies. 

One giant merry-go-round of avoiding accountability, and it works.  Why would DCI or individual corps need to change if it works so well?

The buck stops nowhere.  It just keeps spinning.  I’m glad someone else gets it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Keith Hall said:

Is DCI run by DCI or by the Corps (Directors)?

The problems are with the individual corps. Does the DCI organization have any control over the individual corps? If not, why ask for anyone's resignation from DCI? I think it's really to late and this will fester in the next month. I was getting new eyeglasses the other day and the woman who waited on me has a son auditioning for a top 5 corps and she knows all about this. People are talking and it does not look well.

the corps are DCI as has been explained on here a million times

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I have said before & it (IMO) bears repeating - DCI needs to reorganize itself to have a strong Executive Director (ED), similar to the NFL model. 

The NFL ED (Goodell) is empowered by the team owners to deal with stuff that requires a consistent response that the individual owners don't want to individually deal with.  Examples would be domestic abuse by players, off-field behavior, traumatic brain injury protocols, etc.  

As far as a DCI ED would be concerned, it has to be someone who is empowered by the Corps and is also willing to make hard, unpopular decisions.  How much better would it have been if, mid-fall 2021 after investigation was complete, if DCI had shut down SoA for 2022, & thus freed up potential 2022 members to find other Corps at the beginning of audition season rather than the scramble we are now seeing (not to mention the unfolding PR disaster)?  I don't know if the current DCI ED has the personality to fill the revised 'strong-ED' paradigm.  This is not a slam on him, it is just that some people have personalities better suited to being an unpopular disciplinarian. 

the odds of the corps giving up power is about as likely as Congress voting for term limits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Begs the question - How many times can the buck be passed before DCI-system implodes?

I suppose we will find out.  

it depends on the lawyer that gets hired

9 hours ago, NewToPosting said:

Everything that gets reported goes through DCI. 

This is not accurate. DCI doesn't automatically receive whistleblower reports that are filed with the individual organizations (there is a separate line to DCI that can be used, but just like the corps don't get those reports, DCI doesn't get the corps' reports). 

We can argue that the policy needs changing (I would agree that it does), but the unbelievable mishandling of the SOA situation from this past summer lies squarely in SOA's laps. They failed their own members. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

That doesn’t mean we should quit advocating for it.  

i have said it before, and i will say it again:

the only way to truy affect any change whatsoever is give $0 to DCI or its corps in any way...tickets, donations, souvies, flo, media...you name it.

i actually did that for a few years after amps were made legal...disbanded a Friends group i was in, everything.

and yet starting in 08, i was back.

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

This is not accurate. DCI doesn't automatically receive whistleblower reports that are filed with the individual organizations (there is a separate line to DCI that can be used, but just like the corps don't get those reports, DCI doesn't get the corps' reports). 

We can argue that the policy needs changing (I would agree that it does), but the unbelievable mishandling of the SOA situation from this past summer lies squarely in SOA's laps. They failed their own members. 

there needs to be one place to go that sits outside of DCI's office.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it depends on the lawyer that gets hired

Don’t hire an attorney…marry one.

• Like 1