And the floodgates are opening

19 minutes ago, BaritoneFan17 said:

I don't know this particular marcher, but I was aware of the concussion issues and the pseudo-family culture of SBDC.

Ok what am I missing… what is SB in SBDC?

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have said it before, and i will say it again:

the only way to truy affect any change whatsoever is give $0 to DCI or its corps in any way...tickets, donations, souvies, flo, media...you name it.

i actually did that for a few years after amps were made legal...disbanded a Friends group i was in, everything.

and yet starting in 08, i was back.

Will you “boycott” again and will that include not subscribing to Flo this upcoming season? 

I have tickets local a show as well as championships and as of right now I don’t feel comfortable attending because of the accusations and incompetent leadership. I was wondering where everyone else is? 

17 minutes ago, BaritoneFan17 said:

Sorry. Stupid fingers. Shadow D&BC.

Thanks I’m not that “up” on the DCI world. 

7 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

So it did not work for you... and that proves it is the only way?

as we have seen, the only thing that gets their attention is a lack of money. and that the way they are going with this, one well written lawsuit and they'll be totally out of money

59 minutes ago, oldestoftheold said:

Will you “boycott” again and will that include not subscribing to Flo this upcoming season? 

I have tickets local a show as well as championships and as of right now I don’t feel comfortable attending because of the accusations and incompetent leadership. I was wondering where everyone else is? 

I’m not buying flo this summer.  That’s all i did last year.  $60 for two months.  I spent about $5000 on drum corps between donations and shows in 2019. And similar amounts annually for many years beforehand.  

I’m not boycotting.  I’m sure there will be plenty of people to take my place.  I just don’t feel comfortable in supporting this activity under the CURRENT circumstances. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, oldestoftheold said:

i am seriously considering it. i am with you, i already got my Allentown tickets, and worse, it'd be my 9 year old daughters first time...she's excited as hell. my Flo renewal is in June, so i'll watch WGI, but....i dont even know if i can trust them anymore.

49 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not buying flo this summer.  That’s all i did last year.  $60 for two months.  I spent about $5000 on drum corps between donations and shows in 2019. And similar amounts annually for many years beforehand.  

I’m not boycotting.  I’m sure there will be plenty of people to take my place.  I just don’t feel comfortable in supporting this activity under the CURRENT circumstances. 

No one can blame you or Jeff or anyone else. We'll all miss your input on shows. I know the baby's getting pretty big for the bath water, but I'm not throwing it away totally. I'm just too big of a fan now and believe there's still a whole lot of good out there in the activity. Am I disheartened and disappointed in the current circumstances? Very much yes. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer