And the floodgates are opening

13 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I don't believe, in all honesty, that the corps have the ability to police themselves. Individual corps, maybe so, but every corps, clearly not. I am 100% certain that there are great organizations out there who do most if not all, of the right things. That being said, there is no reporting system (that I have been aware of,) to make corps aware of past allegations against certain individuals, proven or otherwise. That's important. I feel sometimes like I am back in high school and the only "reporting" is the word of mouth "stay away from him...he's trouble and I hear he eats babies" kind of thing. SOMEONE should be keeping a database. Of course for that to happen, you have to enforce mandatory reporting, etc. 

There are many things that need to change. I was talking to a former corps buddy last week about this very topic and the subject came up of "But where do you start?" The answer is simple: "Start somewhere %$%$ it!"

Keep thinking my time in federal govt. If you are guilty of harassment in your agency don’t even bother to look for work anywhere in Uncle Sams world. 

So #### simple for DCI to keep a database on a laptop somewhere to track. Hey I’m retired DCI, I’ll volunteer to work with this. I worked database creation, maintenance and programming for about 20 years and had clearance and training in handling sensitive and personal info. It ain’t that #### hard

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Keep thinking my time in federal govt. If you are guilty of harassment in your agency don’t even bother to look for work anywhere in Uncle Sams world. 

So #### simple for DCI to keep a database on a laptop somewhere to track. Hey I’m retired DCI, I’ll volunteer to work with this. I worked database creation, maintenance and programming for about 20 years and had clearance and training in handling sensitive and personal info. It ain’t that #### hard

I have said this for what...2 plus decades:

IF DCI were willing to take a shot to do the right things, the experience level in the "real world" of alumni and even fans who would be willing to donate their time to a good cause is substantial. I have 23 years in corporate training and instructional design spanning from very small companies with less than 1000 employees to my own company which tops out at 220,000 worldwide. How many "sexual harassment prevention" eLearns, facilitator guides and brick and mortar trainings do you think I have written? Hell I can't even remember at this point but it's a LOT. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I don't believe, in all honesty, that the corps have the ability to police themselves. Individual corps, maybe so, but every corps, clearly not. I am 100% certain that there are great organizations out there who do most if not all, of the right things. That being said, there is no reporting system (that I have been aware of,) to make corps aware of past allegations against certain individuals, proven or otherwise. That's important. I feel sometimes like I am back in high school and the only "reporting" is the word of mouth "stay away from him...he's trouble and I hear he eats babies" kind of thing. SOMEONE should be keeping a database. Of course for that to happen, you have to enforce mandatory reporting, etc. 

There are many things that need to change. I was talking to a former corps buddy last week about this very topic and the subject came up of "But where do you start?" The answer is simple: "Start somewhere %$%$ it!"

In military we had a saying ‘This is where we are, so this is where we start’. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

On page 7 of the ‘What if DCI went away’ the Battalion member who posted on Reddit has stated that Battalion has not responded to the allegations.  

So, what can we do to help this individual?

I think the same as we did with the SoA situation. Give them a fair and safe place to post which is free of judgement in either direction. Let them know that we are all different, but that the posters here (though old and sometimes grumpy,) truly believe in the good that the activity can do and want to see real and positive change. At that point, it is up to the survivor to decide. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I saw this. I remember when he was fired, everyone bashed the franchise for being heartless, as no reason was ever given.

well, now we know why

• Like 1