And the floodgates are opening

Just now, Sutasaurus said:

The vast amounts of kindling soaked in kerosene you speak of is right here on DCP not necessarily in DCI.
Take care as well. 

Kindling is also on Twitter, Facebook and who knows where else. DCP not the only place where people are calling for a shutdown of corps and DCI if they can’t protect the members

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Been doing such a great job so far….. 

May I suggest you run for Dan’s position?

1 minute ago, Sutasaurus said:

May I suggest you run for Dan’s position?

Only if I can enact the Department of Defense sexual harassment and sexual assault training, policies and penalties. 
No I ain’t shutting up because I disagree…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

The same DCW that posted this skeevy old tour diary in October 2021? Sure. 

d2EDFzA.jpg

Tone deaf doesn’t even come close to explaining why an adult would rerun an article from 1982 that was pervy even back then in light of things that hit the fan in 2018. There’s nothing like doubling down and shouting to the readers of DCW that you’re a lecherous creep. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Kindling is also on Twitter, Facebook and who knows where else. DCP not the only place where people are calling for a shutdown of corps and DCI if they can’t protect the members

Consider the source…… let me repeat, “There are three versions of every story” regardless of what form of social media it appears on. I see people here setting their collective hair on fire based on the postings of “alleged” victims with no corroborating evidence and are willing to get rid of DCI without giving the accused and their organizations and DCI a chance to respond. When did we turn a blind eye to hearing both sides a story before jumping to conclusions?

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Only if I can enact the Department of Defense sexual harassment and sexual assault training, policies and penalties. 
No I ain’t shutting up because I disagree…

Jim, as far as I know I didn’t ask you to shut up.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Trust me! When I asked a corps director that very question without hesitation the reply was no one wants it. 

Kewl, the job is yours! 😁

6 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Consider the source…… let me repeat, “There are three versions of every story” regardless of what form of social media it appears on. I see people here setting their collective hair on fire based on the postings of “alleged” victims with no corroborating evidence and are willing to get rid of DCI without giving the accused and their organizations and DCI a chance to respond. When did we turn a blind eye to hearing both sides a story before jumping to conclusions?

I never said shutdown DCI without the facts showing it is useless in protecting members. But even DCI has admitted abuse occurred in SoA and then enacted a meaningless “punishment” of probation which doesn’t penalize the corps at all. And it shouldn’t scare other corps into cleaning up their acts. That is the first nail in the coffin IMO that DCI is unwilling or unable to take hard steps to protect members. And the statements SoA and DCI released said nothing more than the corps will do what it should have done anyway. And if the corps doesn’t 🤷🏻

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1