And the floodgates are opening

31 minutes ago, soccerguy315 said:

It is true I have been around less in the last couple years b/c... there was no drum corps.

Absolutely people should be allowed to post their thoughts! It tells a lot about who they are as a person 🙂

I would not be too quick to assume who someone is as a person based on nothing more than an interpretation of a DCP post.  I know from experience how wrong such assumptions can be.  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, skevinp said:

As one example, some of GH’s accusers were very reluctant to come forward because they didn’t want to hurt the Cadets name and all that it means to so many people.

That is a hallmark of an abusive relationship and very sad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

I agree whole heartedly and I admire the thought you put into your posts. The point I’m trying to make here is that each unfortunate case has it’s own set of circumstances and a blanket “burn down the activity” mindset will only end an activity we all cherish deeply. 

Regarding the SoA case, decisions were made that many here feel did not do enough to punish the organization. The level of punishment is between the organization and DCI, not DCP. Do I think this young lady was treated fairly? Of course not. But it is between her and SoA to come to a mutual settlement….again, not DCP. Do I think said punishment went far enough? It will depend on how true to their word DCI is. How will DCI enforce this probation? Destroying SoA financially will prove nothing and deny prospective members any opportunity.

As for DCI, the only way to get them to pay attention is to present a unified front of DCP posters and others saying this behavior must stop or risk a significant boycott. Demand a WGI style anti harassment/abuse program be established or else. If that doesn’t move the needle, then those of us who believe drum corps should survive need to create an alternative to DCI and present that alternative to the participating organizations. Not an easy task. Better to improve the wheel with direct input to DCI than start from ground level. The infrastructure is in place. What can we as drum corps people do to make it better?

Those demands are being made in many places, and in social media sites frequented far more by marching age people than here.

and how Spirit and especially dci aren’t handling this is leaving an imprint on a whole lot of current and possibly future members. Not a good one either.

and please understand many movers and shakers read here and other places. They’ll trash all of them to your face but when they call you and ask you about something out there, you know they read it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

This would not have been a good initial statement either.

Mike

When desperate better levels of suck can be considered 

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

I would not be too quick to assume who someone is as a person based on nothing more than an interpretation of a DCP post.  I know from experience how wrong such assumptions can be.  

No it’s ok I really am an ######## 

• Haha 2

On 1/13/2022 at 6:54 PM, Sutasaurus said:

Kewl, the job is yours! 😁

Having met Poppycock … I think I’m cool with that.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2022 at 8:57 PM, Terri Schehr said:

It really didn’t work out because the judge released the guy due to the fact that he had a pregnant wife.  But the happy ending is that my dad was teamster and the guy suddenly had two broken legs and he moved.  All’s well that ends well. 

Happy ending is you never had to go through hell and back. Some fairy tales just don’t have happy endings. But I do like the notion that there is justice … and then there is just us. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Happy ending is you never had to go through hell and back. Some fairy tales just don’t have happy endings. But I do like the notion that there is justice … and then there is just us. 

I have a vision that it went down something like this...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I have a vision that it went down something like this...

Ok this is what I mentioned earlier. Just couldn’t remember this part of the book made it to the movie. 😬

• Like 1