And the floodgates are opening

i didnt suf the interwebs a lot today...any new sad stories out there?

19 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and SCV's new director had the issue at Shadow that shut them down as well

Sadly SCV, a few years back, had a previous Director that had to be pulled of the road during tour and "resigned" after the season ended. 

• Like 2

Not exactly 100%  same.

But there's a story in northjersey.com about a former student at Tiger Schulmann in NJ suing over alleged sexual abuse by an instructor.

What's unusual is that the suit is against the company and franchises where the instructor worked.

But not against the instructor.

Depending on the specifics of the suit, this could have ramifications for other abuse cases, including drum corps. 

Its an interesting read.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fsthnds said:

Sadly SCV, a few years back, had a previous Director that had to be pulled of the road during tour and "resigned" after the season ended. 

That’s a new twist I didn’t know about. If I recall correctly it was phrased as one of those “wants to spend more time with family” resignations. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fsthnds said:

3 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

That’s a new twist I didn’t know about. If I recall correctly it was phrased as one of those “wants to spend more time with family” resignations. 

The individual in question, prominent in the activity since the 1980s, has disappeared from the activity.  Also, surprisingly, the individual was nowhere to be seen in the funeral video of the DCI HOF & Founding Father that gave the individual their first Drum Corps job.

It does make me wonder if DCI quietly banned the individual, or if there is some sort of self-banishment underway?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The individual in question, prominent in the activity since the 1980s, has disappeared from the activity.  Also, surprisingly, the individual was nowhere to be seen in the funeral video of the DCI HOF & Founding Father that gave the individual their first Drum Corps job.

It does make me wonder if DCI quietly banned the individual, or if there is some sort of self-banishment underway?

Not true - this individual still judges high school marching band competitions (as recently as 2021).  Still goes to drum corps shows, as well.  

Edited by NewToPosting
Found information that the person is an active adjudicator in the 2021 marching band season in Illinois.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Not one survivor will speak publicly about this.  I understand why considering what has happened to survivors who have come forward in the past.  The ostracism is soul-crushing.  It is frustrating, though, considering the horror stories heard by just about everyone. 

• Like 2