And the floodgates are opening

30 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I don't understand the occasional posts here that suggest comments by fans (of various levels of interest) on a social media platform must be accompanied by the willingness to take over or reinvent DCI. We can be both critical and inspiring here without also being responsible for leading revolutions, drafting constitutions, and reinventing this little world.

It's an online discussion board, for Mr. Pete's sake!

Agree. My bottom line is if an organization is unable to protect the members, or if they put image ahead of safety, then they lose the right to exist. Don’t care if they are the only organization in an activity. Member safety above all. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 5

Don't forget that there are standing allegations on Reddit against 4 DCI Corps.  So far as I can determine there has been no response by DCI or the Corps themselves.

Note to DCI - the 'problem' didn't go away w/ SoA.  

Here are Reddit links.

Blue Devils https://www.reddit.com/r/drumcorps/comments/s2uflq/bd_sa_story/

SCV New Director https://www.reddit.com/r/drumcorps/comments/s5121f/blackmailed_by_assistant_corps_director/

Battalion https://www.reddit.com/r/drumcorps/comments/s2q1eh/my_experience_w_multiple_battalion_members/

Raiders https://www.reddit.com/r/drumcorps/comments/s2jxo0/my_experience_marching_raiders_in_2019/

A while back I posted this.  I don't believe there are any updates. DCI - What are you doing w/r/t these allegatins?

I am not planning to let this slide.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Really - that is your takeaway?  Never mind if someone only wants the demise of 46 corps instead of all 60?

Who is calling for the demise of the individual corps? I see calls for doing away with the organization known as DCI. My takeaway from this post is you are twisting my words or totally miss my meaning.

Lances full quote was “people aren’t calling for the demise of Drum corps”. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

19 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So DCI = drum corps? Lance said “demise of drum corps” not “demise of DCI”.

This is a DCI forum, the discussion has been about DCI, Lance did nothing to indicate he was making such a distinction, and neither have many, if any, of the numerous people (he claims don’t exist) who have called for the demise of DCI or drum corps.  

8 minutes ago, skevinp said:

This is a DCI forum, the discussion has been about DCI, Lance did nothing to indicate he was making such a distinction, and neither have many, if any, of the numerous people (he claims don’t exist) who have called for the demise of DCI or drum corps.  

When I say DCI I am talking about the organization known as DCI. I am NOT talking about the individual corps that compete under the DCI organizations umbrella. What the hell is so hard to understand? 

let’s try it in less words….

drum corps… the activity/individual corps

DCI… the organization 

drum corps <> DCI

Or have we gotten to the point if the organization known as DCI folds (or is sued out of existence) the individual corps will have to close up shop immediately.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Who is calling for the demise of the individual corps? I see calls for doing away with the organization known as DCI. My takeaway from this post is you are twisting my words or totally miss my meaning.

Lances full quote was “people aren’t calling for the demise of Drum corps”. 

Are you kidding?

We had an 88-page thread about Spirit of Atlanta, predominantly posts clamoring for them to be shut down.  A significant percentage of those sentiments were for a permanent shutdown.  DCP is just one of several social media outlets where that sentiment was voiced.

Then DCI stepped in.  Or to put it more accurately, DCI stepped in it.

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Are you kidding?

We had an 88-page thread about Spirit of Atlanta, predominantly posts clamoring for them to be shut down.  A significant percentage of those sentiments were for a permanent shutdown.  DCP is just one of several social media outlets where that sentiment was voiced.

Then DCI stepped in.  Or to put it more accurately, DCI stepped in it.

Ok I wasn’t clear, let me try it another way. Yes there are people (myself included) that say SOME corps should clear house or dissolve. Maybe I misunderstood or was misunderstood due to “corps” can be singular or plural. But I haven’t seen anyone on this thread saying ALL Drum corps should dissolve because some can’t protect the members.