And the floodgates are opening

8 hours ago, kevingamin said:

I think there are even more striking comparisons between the drum corps activity, the gymnastics activity, and the cheerleading activity. All three are amateur activities, focused mainly on young people, all with "elite" level competitive groups, and all of which have had issues with abusers within their respective activities and either a lack of action by the governing bodies or an active attempt to hide the abuse and silence the victims.

and Varsity is involved in all of them at some level

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and Varsity is involved in all of them at some level

They were very uncooperative with the producers of Cheer.  They wouldn’t allow any access to video of the Daytona Beach championships.  And the President of Varsity actually said on camera that he didn’t like that a cheer team was participating in the show.  I wouldn’t be even a little surprised if they find a way to squeeze out flomarching and take over the streaming of DCI events. I’m not saying it will happen but I wouldn’t be surprised if it did. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

They were very uncooperative with the producers of Cheer.  They wouldn’t allow any access to video of the Daytona Beach championships.  And the President of Varsity actually said on camera that he didn’t like that a cheer team was participating in the show.  I wouldn’t be even a little surprised if they find a way to squeeze out flomarching and take over the streaming of DCI events. I’m not saying it will happen but I wouldn’t be surprised if it did. 

Varsity already broadcasts on Flomarching.

Z

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

if you dig up one of the old Varsity threads, there was a great article someone dug up that shows how Varsity slowly works their way in until they take over...anything they decide they want. See Stanbury

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

if you dig up one of the old Varsity threads, there was a great article someone dug up that shows how Varsity slowly works their way in until they take over...anything they decide they want. See Stanbury

So, it could happen,..🤔. Not sayin’, just sayin’…

On 2/7/2022 at 11:04 PM, Jeff Ream said:

Also DSI.  Flags, shoes, podiums, etc.

Varsity has become a partner of DCI for SoundSport.  AKA "SoundSport Scholastic."

https://www.varsity.com/performing-arts/soundsport-scholastic/

https://www.varsity.com/performing-arts/soundsport-divisions/

They had scheduled Marching Band division competition(s) on the books last fall (2021) that never actually happened. I wonder how long they will keep trying to make these partnerships work?

Their Winterguard and Winter Percussion programs, AKA Varsity Performing Arts Winter Showcase, started 2 years ago and have failed to catch on. As a matter of fact, their website still says "Stay tuned for the 2021 date and location."

https://www.varsity.com/performing-arts/winter-showcase/

Not exactly taking the marching arts by storm. We shall see.