And the floodgates are opening

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

It would be a punch to the gut to learn the home corps is part of this too…but if it happened, I hope it all comes to light. 

I want every single person involved in the act and/or the cover up to be permanently banned from the activity. I don’t care how big the name. This **** is NOT ok and it needs to stop YESTERDAY or the activity we all love will die a painful death. 

It IS dead.  From a moral standpoint.  From the standpoint as serving as a vehicle to lift UP young adults. It is dead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Abuse happened in 2021 as well.  The former SoA that started the current discussions marched in 2021. 

Yes, it's pretty clear that last year was a total #### show from a safety perspective. Just thinking out loud about competition aspect of the activity and how that is fueling the issues were seeing. Honestly, this is all so upsetting that I'm ready to jump into "the burn it down" camp. 

1 minute ago, PricklyPear said:

Its easy to become angry and upset at these horrible things that are coming out. I know I am.

But let's keep in mind that there are corps (the great majority, I believe) that are clean and healthy, that do serve the community as intended. 

I'm struggling to think of one I haven't heard something like this about. 

7 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Opinion requested - do people think DCI Office & individual Corps are reading these threads on DCP & Reddit?   Not ‘will they do anything’ - just are they aware of what is happening here (& on Reddit)?

They’re probably laughing at us and saying that we’re overreacting and that they’ll wait it out because drum corps people have the memory retention skills of a gnat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PricklyPear said:

Its easy to become angry and upset at these horrible things that are coming out. I know I am.

But let's keep in mind that there are corps (the great majority, I believe) that are clean and healthy, that do serve the community as intended. 

IDK how you define majority, but since 2018 we have had accusations against:

Cadets

Pioneer (now inactive)

Cavaliers

Phantom

Crown 

SoA

Crossmen

Troopers

Blue Devils

Mandarins

Shadow (inactive in 2022)

Battalion

Raiders 

Oregon Crusaders (inactive)

Did I forget any?

By my math that is 11 of the 42 active Corps listed on DCI.org, or 26%.   And these are only the Corps with published allegations.

And over 50% (7 of 12) are DCI finalist Corps, including a World Champion. 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Further pontification and math

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

IDK how you define majority, but since 2018 we have had accusations against:

Cadets

Pioneer (now inactive)

Cavaliers

Phantom

Crown 

SoA

Crossmen

Troopers