DCI’s 50th Anniversary

5 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Does DCI have any special plans to celebrate its 50th anniversary?  So far, all I can find is merchandising.  

Maybe that’s it?

I can think up some inappropriate slogans & merch based on the member abuse scandal.  

But that is probably not what DCI has in mind.

A peanut butter and jelly eating contest and a Gail Royer lookalike contest might be fun. 

Maybe Don Pesceone coming back from the dead and slapping the holy bejeezus out of Dan Acheson saying "WTF did you do?" 

Ok, that one's a little far fetched. Maybe just one of those Strongman punching bag machines with Acheson's face on the target, 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
I got carried away.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

One of DCI's problems (among many) is their lack of transparency and communication. There has been virtually nothing from them about special events/performances they are planning for the 50th. Isn't is time for Mr. Acheson to step down?  DCI needs a major shake-up, starting at the top. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Does DCI have any special plans to celebrate its 50th anniversary?  So far, all I can find is merchandising.  

Maybe that’s it?

Can only find merchandi$ing.

Surprise meter not even moving off the zero…:

1 hour ago, Phantom56 said:

One of DCI's problems (among many) is their lack of transparency and communication. There has been virtually nothing from them about special events/performances they are planning for the 50th. Isn't is time for Mr. Acheson to step down?  DCI needs a major shake-up, starting at the top. 

And if there is any scandal that could bring Acheson down, this is it.  The lack-of-anniversary-transparency scandal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I can recall hearing about four years back that there were plans in the works for gathering those who marched in 1972, various reunion corps, an alumni gathering like 2012 only farther reaching, and special events at Atlanta, San Antonio, and Allentown. These were concrete suggestions with actual names attached as to who would be doing what. No surprise the late Michael Boo was featured prominently. Most likely many of these plans have been scrapped if for no other reason than Covid-19. My guess is we’ll see video montages at finals that recall the history of DCI, and perhaps a traveling exhibition of the story of DCI, but not anything that could not be canceled easily.