DCI’s 50th Anniversary

I very much enjoyed the small performances between corps at the Indy celebration. I would be interested to see something like that continued. 

2 hours ago, ironlips said:

Since we're waxing nostalgic about the old days, here's an idea for DCI's 50th:

How about, just for this championship, returning to the time-honored adjudication technique, 'the tick system'? Wouldn't that be a hoot?

(Leave the pitchforks in the barn and hold the 'dinosaur' comments. I'm just kidding...really...mostly.)

Love that idea!  And can we also add National Squads and penalties for dropped/grounded equipment?  

• Haha 1

Love the idea too, but geez, how many judges were even alive during the tick era? Ask a current MM what a tick does to your score and see the response you get. 

4 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Love the idea too, but geez, how many judges were even alive during the tick era? Ask a current MM what a tick does to your score and see the response you get. 

Thinking of execution judges trucking across the field and trying not to get hit. Now they also would have to worry about running into props.

Folks,

I was kidding...really. But it could be fun to give every fan a score sheet and have them tick from their seats, or even judge the current system, then text their numbers to an unofficial scorekeeper who posts them on the big screen.

I might go to Indy to see that.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ironlips said:

Folks,

I was kidding...really. But it could be fun to give every fan a score sheet and have them tick from their seats, or even judge the current system, then text their numbers to an unofficial scorekeeper who posts them on the big screen.

So how did a DCI tick (have no idea) compare to a DCA tick (knew them well)? Or a ICA Sr circuit tick? Or ye olde Sr circuit Red Carpet Association (RCA) tick? Ok I did all those Sr circuits 🤪
Fun idea thought…

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, ironlips said:

Folks,

Yeah, I know. The BITD in me won't move on in some respects. 🙂 

7 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Staying O.T.

One of the experiments in my chemistry set was getting the mercury out of mercurochrome.

The chemistry set also had the "recipe" for balck powder (sulphur ,salt peter  and charcoal).

In high school we used Mercury in Physics class to study wave motions.

Different world.

Speaking of "Different World"  : its a great song by Bucky Covington .

We used mercury from broken thermometers as a puck for playing hockey using meter-sticks.  In my current college lab if a mercury thermometer was broken we would evacuate the building.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ironlips said:

Folks,

Or maybe an app on smartphone to records fan ticks / scores that automatically sends them to a scorekeeper?  And that way Flo-watchers could participate as well.