Godspeed Joe Courtney

Joseph "Joe" Courtney was an ever-present figure in our beloved activity and it's related families. I cannot claim to know all of the details about Joe's corps connections. But I know he was always around, doing a part to keep the show running: A performing member, a teacher, a corps director (the Vaqueros), a judge, a DCI employee, a Show Coordinator, a Central States Judges Association Hall of Famer. Hell, if you look hard enough you will even find he was a DCP member.  I'll have fond memories of meeting Joe on the floors and fields, with his calm and friendly demeanor, welcoming our performing groups to their moment on the performance clock.

It's times like this that I miss our friend @Michael Boo because his combination of his encyclopedic knowledge (which was a similar trait of Joe's) and his familiarity with Joe would be a fantastic read right now.

RIP

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/chicagotribune/name/joseph-courtney-obituary?id=32509493

Edited by mingusmonk

.