The Cavaliers 2022

18 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Thank ya! Glad to be back and I'm looking forward to The Cavaliers doing amazing things this summer.

I hope you have been doing alright. 

Dude, I'm absolutely fantastic...I'll leave it at that lol...

• Like 1

Hey yall, I was about to order some tickets for the Houston show. I'm taking my brother's to their first show in over a decade. Lol, they are going to have to deal with me. 

Anyways, I saw that the tickets are not on sale and it appears that they are still looking for a location. Does anyone know what's going on?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not gonna lie yall... June is coming and I'm having a little trouble trying to contain my excitement for a competitive season. Two years of not seeing a live show can REALLY get to ya and yall know I like to wait to see a live show first. More or less, Cavies I hope to see an update soon and by GOD I can't wait to see yall live and I HOPE yall are marching with at least 16 contras. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I hope to see an update soon and by GOD I can't wait to see yall live and I HOPE yall are marching with at least 16 contras. 

Its possible re. the tubas. Corps voted to increase the size of corps from 130's'to 150's, and now for this season and beyond to 165. It'll be interesting to see if those that go out with the full 165 this season increase the tuba sections... or do the Corps put the extra allowed in guard section, or percussion section, ( or other sections maybe in the brass line, or FE ). It was not that long ago, despite the maximum size of Corps allowed in competition to be in the 150's, that many Corps chose to go out with 12+ tubas, with several in the 14-16 range ( and Madison one year opting to go out with 20 tubas). Best of success to Cavies this season.

3 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Its possible re. the tubas. Corps voted to increase the size of corps from 130's'to 150's, and now for this season and beyond to 165. It'll be interesting to see if those that go out with the full 165 this season increase the tuba sections... or do the Corps put the extra allowed in guard section, or percussion section, ( or other sections maybe in the brass line, or FE ). It was not that long ago, despite the maximum size of Corps allowed in competition to be in the 150's, that many Corps chose to go out with 12+ tubas, with several in the 14-16 range ( and Madison one year opting to go out with 20 tubas). Best of success to Cavies this season.

I'm noticing a trend of decreasing the size of the contra line. I remember in 2019 most of the corps I saw marched with just 12 while The Cavaliers marched with 16. I'm not trying to turn this into an anti-synth thing (because I do remember those debates on here), but there is a possibility of decreasing the contra line due to the synthetic bass. Plus, it can also be a fundamental type of situation... like trouble tuning and other things. I might be rambling at this point, but I guess I prefer a powerful low brass section with an incredible contra line. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I'm not gonna lie yall... June is coming and I'm having a little trouble trying to contain my excitement for a competitive season. Two years of not seeing a live show can REALLY get to ya and yall know I like to wait to see a live show first. More or less, Cavies I hope to see an update soon and by GOD I can't wait to see yall live and I HOPE yall are marching with at least 16 contras. 

Because Tuba. 

• Haha 1

Looks like the Houston show is actually in Tomball... hmmmm.... not sure how I feel about that. It's basically where I'm from, but... Tomball (not hating on folks from Tomball). Hmmmm.

Edit* 

I didn't realize that Tomball got a new stadium. But I do have an interesting story about the old stadium. I went to Klein Forest (as I have already said) and we played Tomball on 10-31-08. So, KF was originally supposed to perform at BOA-Houston, but because of hurricane Ike we had to cancel and we opted to perform at the Super Regional show in SA. I was PUMPED! II mean, I was about to march on the same field as The Cavaliers march on. I remember getting to the band hall, at like, 3 or 4am and did a little morning practice. Afterwards, Mr. Worosello packed us up and we moved out. I didn't sleep... I was focusing on the show. I can't tell yall how many times I went through the show in my head. Anyways performed... and for me... that was the last time I performed at any marching competition. I had step away from my gang of low brass friends and I had to let a couple of tears roll down. So after that we packed the busses up and went straight to a football game. KF vs Tomball. We beat the snot out of them 35-14. As a senior, that day was the best day of the year. I got to march in the Alamodome and watched my football team win. And if yall are still reading this... thanks for allowed a young adult share a memory that happened almost 14 years ago. 

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 1