The Cavaliers 2022

9 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

This should be the new motto of the Indianapolis Convention/Visitor's Board. 

Consdering they went with "Wander Indiana" complete with an annoying earworm song in my youth...it'd be a reasonable motto.

il_1588xN.3634476527_g4e8.jpg

• Haha 1

It's been a long time since it debuted but just about everyone who was alive in the state at the time can still hum it automatically when seeing one of the old plates. It's like something from a magical curse.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Is that jingle like how most Texans have to clap when they here "Deep in the Heart of Texas"? 

We Hoosiers might be challenged with clapping and singing at the same time. Just kidding. But many Hoosiers tear up upon hearing "Back Home Again in Indiana." (It's coming up soon at the start of the Indy 500.)

My high school band played that piece in Nixon's inaugural parade in 1972. We marched what was called "drum corps style" back then. Protestors along the route yelled at us for having rifles and sabres.

Seems like I might have written this before, so sorry for repetition: Our band parents split up from us after that 1972 parade and walked on their own to the busses. They walked near the Washington Monument and witnessed protestors pulling down all the American flags and setting them on fire.

It's important for old folks to keep reminding younger folks that tumult has occurred in years other than just the last four or five. "Four dead in O-hi-o."

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

We Hoosiers might be challenged with clapping and singing at the same time. Just kidding. But many Hoosiers tear up upon hearing "Back Home Again in Indiana." (It's coming up soon at the start of the Indy 500.)

My high school band played that piece in Nixon's inaugural parade in 1972. We marched what was called "drum corps style" back then. Protestors along the route yelled at us for having rifles and sabres.

Seems like I might have written this before, so sorry for repetition: Our band parents split up from us after that 1972 parade and walked on their own to the busses. They walked near the Washington Monument and witnessed protestors pulling down all the American flags and setting them on fire.

It's important for old folks to keep reminding younger folks that tumult has occurred in years other than just the last four or five. "Four dead in O-hi-o."

Oh wow. That escalated quickly lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Oh wow. That escalated quickly lol. 

It’s DCP. Of course it escalated quickly. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

It's been a bit for me................. but go Cavies

And that’s why we love ya! 

• Thanks 1