The Cavaliers 2022

I'm not sure if I can get into Bent Knee though.... but I get the reference lol!!!!!

It's just not style. Then again I'm the guy that jams out to Holst or Beethoven..... and folk groups like Mumford and Sons. I also recommend Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats (yep that's the actual name). But never the less, TO DARE IS TO DO! COME ON CAVIES!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I'm not sure if I can get into Bent Knee though.... but I get the reference lol!!!!!

It's just not style. Then again I'm the guy that jams out to Holst or Beethoven..... and folk groups like Mumford and Sons. I also recommend Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats (yep that's the actual name). But never the less, TO DARE IS TO DO! COME ON CAVIES!!!!!!

So you're pleased? Or a little on the I'll wait until I see it side of things? 

8 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

So you're pleased? Or a little on the I'll wait until I see it side of things? 

Oh I'm always excited for a Cavies show. I'm sure they will be fantastic! 

It's just music I don't generally listen to. I'm sure Michael Martin is going to knock it out of the park. 

• Like 1

The show idea isn't giving me goosebumps, and I am always disappointed when the list of tunes gets more than five or six.

On the other hand, welcome to 2022. I don't know that any show description or theme is something I remember much after seeing the first show. I'll wait for the performance.

Maybe I worry just a bit that the Cavies are sometimes on the verge of too cute and too clever. It was freshly done with Propaganda, a bit tedious with On Madness and Creativity. Loved the move away from all that with 2019's On the Wrong Side of the Tracks, which is one of my favorite drum corp shows of all time. The crowd at the end of the ballad – just great.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

The show idea isn't giving me goosebumps, and I am always disappointed when the list of tunes gets more than five or six.

On the other hand, welcome to 2022. I don't know that any show description or theme is something I remember much after seeing the first show. I'll wait for the performance.

Maybe I worry just a bit that the Cavies are sometimes on the verge of too cute and too clever. It was freshly done with Propaganda, a bit tedious with On Madness and Creativity. Loved the move away from all that with 2019's On the Wrong Side of the Tracks, which is one of my favorite drum corp shows of all time. The crowd at the end of the ballad – just great.

I get ya. The show theme took me a second to kinda digest. But it's grown on me and I like the concept. 

My only question is simply this.... does anyone know if they attempted to get Time by Hans Zimmer? 

With a kid in the corps from 2017-2021, I got to see show announcement s that were followed by midi files, tgat were followed by first reads of the charts. 

The first couple of years I was always confused as to “how is this going to be a show”? 

I learned that the programming team knows what they’re doing, and with the exception of never figuring out how to exactly end “Madness” in 2018, they’ve been spot on the money. 

So… I did what I always do. I listened to the tracks yesterday, smiled, and thought “I wonder how they’re going to make a show out of that”? 

And I’m confident they will. 😁

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

With a kid in the corps from 2017-2021, I got to see show announcement s that were followed by midi files, tgat were followed by first reads of the charts. 

The first couple of years I was always confused as to “how is this going to be a show”? 

I learned that the programming team knows what they’re doing, and with the exception of never figuring out how to exactly end “Madness” in 2018, they’ve been spot on the money. 

So… I did what I always do. I listened to the tracks yesterday, smiled, and thought “I wonder how they’re going to make a show out of that”? 

And I’m confident they will. 😁

Without a doubt!

One other loose thought....when the 2019 show announcement came out and I listened to "Cathedral" from "The Road to Perdition", somehow my little brain knew that was going to be a game-changer on the field. And even armed with that expectation as I flew to Fresno for opening night, the very first night ( dirty and all), my mouth was hanging open. And it stayed hanging open...because they beat Blue Devils in brass for the first time in 8 years that night. 

Moral of this story? Not sure there is one...except maybe that the creative team is hearing "something" when they pick these pieces. And as many times preseason as I've kinda shook my head, I always ended up smiling. 🙂 

• Like 1