The Cavaliers 2022

I can honestly say, that's the first Bent Knee I've ever experienced. 

I do like the Harry Styles tune, though. 

I finally took the time to listen to some of the music (the longer ones I plan to listen to all the way through after work). 

As a whole, it can work on the field. A lot is going on. Bent Knee kinda grew on me, but I have a suspension that Cavies are dropping down to 12 contras and pushing for more electronics. If that is the case.... very disappointing. You just can't beat actual contras. For the good stuff, I freaking love Concerto N. 10. I'm obviously a sucker for brass band music and this piece delivers. Obviously Bach is great lol and the closing song is up my ally. And honestly, I like The Floor is Lava. I can get into that one. As a whole, yeah, I have my concerns... but does that mean the show will flop? Absolutely not! It's pretty much in the direction DCI is going. Again, I have my concerns, but the show is more than likely going to blow me away. Cavies are gonna rock this summer! 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Forevergreen said:

In general there is a song I would love to hear in drum corps,   "Let me be the music".  It was originally sung by Anne Albritton. There is a beautiful choral version done in combination by the Turtle Creek Chorale/Dallas Women's Chorus.

Howdy, Forevergreen 

I hope you've been alright! 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 9:02 AM, Hook'emCavies said:

I finally took the time to listen to some of the music (the longer ones I plan to listen to all the way through after work). 

As a whole, it can work on the field. A lot is going on. Bent Knee kinda grew on me, but I have a suspension that Cavies are dropping down to 12 contras and pushing for more electronics. If that is the case.... very disappointing. You just can't beat actual contras. For the good stuff, I freaking love Concerto N. 10. I'm obviously a sucker for brass band music and this piece delivers. Obviously Bach is great lol and the closing song is up my ally. And honestly, I like The Floor is Lava. I can get into that one. As a whole, yeah, I have my concerns... but does that mean the show will flop? Absolutely not! It's pretty much in the direction DCI is going. Again, I have my concerns, but the show is more than likely going to blow me away. Cavies are gonna rock this summer! 

16 Contras. All is well. 😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

16 Contras. All is well. 😀

Speaking of Cavaliers in 2022, what's your son doing this summer? 

On the last video of the drum line released on FB, the snare line looked so young.  Of course I'm use to a lot of facial hair in the past & I guess I'm just getting older.  But they looked like young HS guys?  I'd love to go back to my college & corps years...  😁

Edited by keystone3ply
cx