The Cavaliers 2022

13 minutes ago, Lance said:

It's so early. 

I think about some of the shows that were slow burners due to being so late to get a somewhat clean and coherent product on the field....BD 2011, Phantom 2008, oh YEAH, and Cavies 95.  I feel like this is another one of those kinds of shows.  Just my random thoughts.  

And Cavies 2010... lol! Heck and Cadets 2011. Anyways, I haven't seen anything and I have that feeling too. Idk, could be wrong, but you never know. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

And Cavies 2010... lol! Heck and Cadets 2011. Anyways, I haven't seen anything and I have that feeling too. Idk, could be wrong, but you never know. 

You are wrong. Remember - 11th place. 🙂

• Haha 1

The Cavies show is really good, as i enjoyed it a lot. However, it's obvious the trumpets are currently the weak link in the brass.  Overall brass is outstanding, but trumpets had more than a few intonation issues.  I do believe their brass caption head will iron the issues out and they will me top notch by finals. I also think the show has lots of potential and GE.  The only concern is the guard, as they seem to be missing that umph.  Anyhow, I think they have a hard battle ahead with BAC and SCV, but should bring the heat.

• Like 1

Looks like they had more guard on the field. At the premier I counted 29. Last night 32? I could be wrong…

Thought they were improved last night. The whole show looked better. Including the guard. Just not the same caliber yet as in recent years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Phantom56 said:

Cavies have a very entertaining show. Were much better last night. But without a 45 member guard, top 5 is probably out of reach for them.  

They should just call it a season then…I kid. 

don’t think it’s the quantity of guard members the judges are looking at. As someone mentioned on another thread, these large guards have the featured members in the front then the rest are fillers. More is not always better.

• Like 2

Anyone know why are there not any scores and rankings yet on drum corps planet ?

2 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

Cavies have a very entertaining show. Were much better last night. But without a 45 member guard, top 5 is probably out of reach for them.  

just possibly.cavies will fool everyone except me! This show is really good and will finish high. Just sayin!!!  Lol