The Cavaliers 2022

I'm disappointed.... I have given a very good chunk of my life to cheering on this corps... and now I kinda feel like we are going in the opposite direction. I'm not sure what's going on with the corps.... but, I kinda feel like I'm being slapped in the face... sorry, but this kinda how I feel right now :(. I'm disappointed by the staff at the moment. 

I just want them to fly. That's all....... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I'm disappointed.... I have given a very good chunk of my life to cheering on this corps... and now I kinda feel like we are going in the opposite direction. I'm not sure what's going on with the corps.... but, I kinda feel like I'm being slapped in the face... sorry, but this kinda how I feel right now :(. I'm disappointed by the staff at the moment. 

Too early in the season for you to give up.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I think they are kind of in the Cadets crossroads. A championship name trying to be what it once was. The staff turnover could have lost some solid returning talent years ago and once they weren't top dog finalist lost some of the people that planned to ageout. At the end of the day I believe it's the staff consistency that creates the winner. BD has shown time and time again what to do with staff that have been there for like 30 years. Once those people are done they already have their replacements trained. Crown wasn't a contender until they consistently kept that brass staff and design time together. Cadets were always a threat until the Cadexit. BK lost a lot of their design staff before COVID and look to be in a different direction now that is dipping. 

I agree.... keep in mind I'm not disappointed in the marchers. What they are doing is incredible. It's the staffs direction at the moment. I know they have something in store towards the end of the season, but I'm concerned about how they are teaching fundamentals. I mean, I'm not there, I haven't seen anything other than the uniforms and some props.... but, I really shouldn't be this heart broken (in a sense... I honestly didn't sleep last night because of my disappointment/concerns). All I'm saying is where I had confidence in them to fix the issues.... now I'm at about 40%. I don't want to come across as a jerk or unfaithful, but I gotta say it how it is. I really hope and pray that I'm wrong. 

One show where the spreads are odd (Blue Stars didn't really close up that kind of gap in two days, any more than BAC is really a couple of points over Bluecoats right now - it was a weird scoring night across the board).

Rosemont has got decent bones of a show that needs an actual ending and a sh-t ton of cleaning. That's what July is for. Check back in San Antonio and let's see where they are.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I agree.... keep in mind I'm not disappointed in the marchers. What they are doing is incredible. It's the staffs direction at the moment. I know they have something in store towards the end of the season, but I'm concerned about how they are teaching fundamentals. I mean, I'm not there, I haven't seen anything other than the uniforms and some props.... but, I really shouldn't be this heart broken (in a sense... I honestly didn't sleep last night because of my disappointment/concerns). All I'm saying is where I had confidence in them to fix the issues.... now I'm at about 40%. I don't want to come across as a jerk or unfaithful, but I gotta say it how it is. I really hope and pray that I'm wrong. 

hey Hey HEY! We'll have none of that. Buck up, Mister. They'll be just fine. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Dude, never give up on the corps you love.  Like everyone else, you and I have no idea how things will shake out a month from now,  but remember it wasn't too long ago that most of us were wondering if our favorite drum corps organizations could survive the pandemic.  Well, the four oldest did! (Cadets, Madison, Boston, Cavies)  IMO, that is the BIGGEST  accomplishment!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Slingerland said:

One show where the spreads are odd (Blue Stars didn't really close up that kind of gap in two days, any more than BAC is really a couple of points over Bluecoats right now - it was a weird scoring night across the board).

Rosemont has got decent bones of a show that needs an actual ending and a sh-t ton of cleaning. That's what July is for. Check back in San Antonio and let's see where they are.

I mean they were closing the gap head to head and then split shows for a little. Yesterday just confirmed the spread. 

Edited by BlueStainGlass

14 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

ME too.

Try to reserve judgement until you see them in person.

The scores don't matter all that much when there isn't a large lineup.

I'm wanting a slightly different design from the team; even 2019 had drill design issues.