The Cavaliers 2022

59 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

They could not recruit a full guard of 45 this year--I don't ever remember that being a problem. Going co-ed would be the sensible thing to do in 2023.  Young kids today don't particularly care about marching in an all-male corps. Those days are past. The last all-girl corps--the Bandettes--folded 20 years ago.  Madison made a smart decision to go co-ed last year. It will pay off next year, when they should get back into finals. (If not this year). 

I have never been a fan of the cavaliers style but this isn't it. Madison has gone co-ed and is still in the same position with a poorly designed show. Members are doing great with what they have but they aren't getting the quality of design to move. I mean hell Madison is only 2 points from Surf and almost last(not counting PC since they've been off for a little).  Members can only control what's given to them and some groups are upgrading, some are staying steady, and others are dropping. IMO cavies are staying steady but have groups on their heels that are trying to be different and push. Can Cadets, Blue Stars, Phantom, or Mandarins catch them? Hell yeah. Can Cavies make changes and pull away from all of them and challenge Boston again? Hell yeah. It's all about pulling the right moves now that it's out there. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Please don’t take offense but I don’t think it’s necessary to take a shot at Boston, who has nothing to do with the conversation at hand. 

Not really a shot at Boston and it does have to do with the conversation at hand when others are saying the Cavaliers need a larger guard to score better. Boston has one of, if not the largest guard in DCI. I watched Bostons performance last night and it was full of rifle drops ( at big moments) and out of sync silks. things I havent seen from them in recent years. Hence, the bigger is not always better reference. Quality>Quantity argument.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GREENBLUE said:

Not really a shot at Boston and it does have to do with the conversation at hand when others are saying the Cavaliers need a larger guard to score better and Boston has one of, if not the largest guard in DCI. I watched Bostons performance last night and it was full of rifle drops ( at big moments) and out of sync silks. things I havent seen from them in recent years. Hence, the bigger is not always better reference.

Okay…whatever you say.  I’m turning into the world’s biggest Boston fan because of all of this piling on in just about every thread so congratulations everyone. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Okay…whatever you say.  I’m turning into the world’s biggest Boston fan because of all of this piling on in just about every thread so congratulations everyone. 

It's really only  2 threads from what I can tell. Maybe they feel a little threatened by Boston's early season success.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Sorry….you’re right. Boston is perfect, no one should say otherwise. What’s going to happen when they have another 5th/6th place finish? 

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GREENBLUE said:

Sorry….you’re right. Boston is perfect, no one should say otherwise. What’s going to happen when Boston has another 5th/6th place finish? 

I didn’t say that.  I said you could have made your point without inserting Boston into the narrative.

I don’t know. I’m not a Boston alumna, I marched in Illinois. I’m the parent of a former MM who didn’t march Boston but please continue to characterize me that way. My drum corps pedigree is on my profile and my name is Terri Schehr.  I was Terri Golden when I marched. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Sorry….you’re right. Boston is perfect, no one should say otherwise. What’s going to happen when they have another 5th/6th place finish? 

Don’t expect them to act like Crownies if they don’t achieve all their expectations. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I have never been a fan of the cavaliers style but this isn't it. Madison has gone co-ed and is still in the same position with a poorly designed show. Members are doing great with what they have but they aren't getting the quality of design to move. I mean hell Madison is only 2 points from Surf and almost last(not counting PC since they've been off for a little).  Members can only control what's given to them and some groups are upgrading, some are staying steady, and others are dropping. IMO cavies are staying steady but have groups on their heels that are trying to be different and push. Can Cadets, Blue Stars, Phantom, or Mandarins catch them? Hell yeah. Can Cavies make changes and pull away from all of them and challenge Boston again? Hell yeah. It's all about pulling the right moves now that it's out there. 

I saw on last nights recap that Madison is already outperforming their content scores in GE. Not a good sign this early in the season.