The Cavaliers 2022

I am not sure why I feel this way, but lo have a feeling they have something planned for this weekend in San Antonio that will change a whole lot. Let’s hope!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dureau said:

I am not sure why I feel this way, but lo have a feeling they have something planned for this weekend in San Antonio that will change a whole lot. Let’s hope!

I hope so, they have so much potential. Just putting in our couple of suggestions would probably help a lot.

It's really rough that they lost some time with this virus.

I keep expecting other corps to succumb, but it seems to have affected more corps than others.

Anyway, hoping for everyone to be healthy at the very least. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dureau said:

I hope so too. All the momentum coming off of 2019 and this was the show originally planned for 2020??? The designers have to see that it’s been a huge miss so far. I keep hoping for a surprise, but I’m not holding my breath anymore. Once I saw the tarps (I thought they’d learn their lesson in 2018) I sighed. The drill is compact and messy, the musical transitions makes no sense and the theme other then a few tick tock sounds is nonexistent. How in the world do they think this program portrays the description I see none of it:

from their website:

“Our perception of the events of history and our reality make us feel as if minutes, days, and years speed up and slow down. But it’s an illusion. Time remains constant and consistent; steadily slipping through our fingertips while the world develops and changes at an increasingly more rapid pace. Every generation makes its mark on the world, changing the course of history while often echoing the voices of the past.

In 2022, The Cavaliers take you on a journey from the early days of the printing press to the modern age of social media, all the while showing how time is endless and repeats itself in mystifying ways.”

does anyone see this?? If you do please explain to me.

THEY SHOULDVE NAME THE SHOW “CLOCKS”.

Edited by GREENBLUE

On 7/21/2022 at 9:48 AM, jjeffeory said:

I noticed that the Cavaliers only have 4 bass drums at broken arrow.

Did they lose a member, or was he out due to covid?

Fifth was back in last night. Looks like full drumline finally.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Fifth was back in last night. Looks like full drumline finally.

Thank goodness for that dude and the corps!

7 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

In 2022, The Cavaliers take you on a journey from the early days of the printing press to the modern age of social media, all the while showing how time is endless and repeats itself in mystifying ways.”

I saw none of this in the show and didn’t even know this was the intent until you posted this.  Show concepts are now so far out there they are getting lost in translation. 

next years theme should be “kick a** music and drill”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

THEY SHOULDVE NAME THE SHOW “CLOCKS”.

But then they'd have to play Coldplay.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love this show.... I LOVE IT! 

My father (his first DCI show) and my brother (hasn't seen a show since 2010) had chills from this show. The Cavaliers were the only ones that did that. While I plan to post my general thoughts on the shows later.... I feel horrible for doubting the greatest corps. Man, I was being a jerk! Shame on me! I know better than that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Houston = Best run through of the year.
Layering is happening. Definitely cleaner with more clarity. 3 weeks left…we shall see. 
impressed with tonight.

Cavaliers please make me swallow my words.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

I think this years show is missing what the cavies arre usually noted for. innovation and intricate drill. All the leaders this year are #### full of innovation. Even Phantom has stepped up. Cavies don’t need to go backward to what they are comfottable with they need to lead the pack in design and innovation. It’s that simple. 

• Thanks 1