The Cavaliers 2022

Just now, scheherazadesghost said:

Yes, apologies. I never meant otherwise. But that further illustrates both of our points: that design choices that don't quite line up with the soul of the corps can obscure the potential of the MMs.

You are awesome, sorry if I come across as being over the top.

• Confused 1

I would only add that if design choices that don't align with the soul of a corps can cover up the potential of MMs...

...it goes without saying that organizational and instructional choices can do the same thing.

On a lighter note, and to your point, all of the above can also set the MMs free.

The question is always which corps figures that out and can maintain it all #### season long. Including through these dog days...

• Thanks 1

Except for 2019, the Cavaliers seem to be a bit lost for quite a few years. I loved “Mad World” and is , before 2019, the best because it was pure Cavies. I am not. Drum Alum, unless you count long term fans. Cavies have been my favorite since the first show I attended. I, like all of you, want them to excel for the members. So what can we do as fans to move their success forward. We sit and watch intently and can compare them with the competition. But how can we convey our suggestions to the corps? Surely their is a better way than on comments. Any ideas? Anyone have a friend’s ear inside the organization? 

Edited by dureau
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dureau said:

Except for 2019, the Cavaliers seem to be a bit lost for quite a few years. I loved “Mad World” and is , before 2019, the best because it was pure Cavies. I am not. Drum Alum, unless you count long term fans. Cavies have been my favorite since the first show I attended. I, like all of you, want them to excel for the members. So what can we do as fans to move their success forward. We sit and watch intently and can compare them with the competition. But how can we convey our suggestions to the corps? Surely their is a better way than on comments. Any ideas? Anyone have a friend’s ear inside the organization? 

It's all been about show design. They were THE innovators in the 2000s but once they pointed to the open trail they began getting passed pretty quickly. Last 10 years of the program has broken my heart.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, dureau said:

Really, and this is my and other alums who I have spoken with and mostly agree opinions.

There is nothing to do. They need to find their own way, and the administration needs to seek out people who fulfill their vision, which they apparently have done.  This is the direction they want, so... That's pretty much that.

I'm sure the current members are having the time of their lives and love performing together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Great fundraising idea here....

I hope that they are promoting it enough....

Cavaliers - Mesquite, TX - Air Conditioned viewing

7 hours ago, jjeffeory said:
7 hours ago, dureau said:

Really, and this is my and other alums who I have spoken with and mostly agree opinions.

There is nothing to do. They need to find their own way, and the administration needs to seek out people who fulfill their vision, which they apparently have done.  This is the direction they want, so... That's pretty much that.

I'm sure the current members are having the time of their lives and love performing together.

It’s sometimes difficult to speak up on here for fear of hurting another person or groups feelings as to how they perceive the drum corps world and in this case the cavies, because of their experience as alums parents, ex staff or fans. But all of us have the same motivation for our. Comments. It’s always to support and enhance the members experiences. Signs of the times!

• Thanks 1

Mesquite scores

Carolina Crown

The Cavaliers ( a big  jump)

Mandarins

Blue Knights

Colts

Troopers

Madison Scouts

Pacific Crest

Genesis

Edited by dureau

Just watched the rebroadcast of Mesquite. 
WOW! The boys are back in town. 
They are cleaning and cleaning fast! The clarity of the music and drill are really starting to come through. It’s feeling less compact and forced.
more layering and added GE and I see no reason why they can’t be in the running for 6th. Design team don’t let us down. Feel they should’ve been at least 1 point in front of Mandarins last night.

I’ve been a critic this season, but I’ll also praise when due and last night was best performance to date. Fantastic Job!

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 3