The Cavaliers 2022

They have now added two additions to the ending. The singing one from Soaring Sound Centerville had to be planned since they gave credit to Harry Styles "Sign of the Times". I would think they will not add anymore just refine what they have. The whole show has come together beautifully and it is nothing but pure Cavalier energy. The crowds are reacting very loudly during the whole show. I think they will pass the Cadets and the Blue Stars before this is over and who knows maybe more. Yes, I am an eternal optimist.

• Like 4

Just watched the new ending a few times. if you notice they leave a line of Brass across the front sideline instead of joining the rest in the corner. Seems awkward if they leave it that way and really the only part that I’m not liking. could there be more added? Maybe one last reprise or hit to bring the crowd back to its feet??? A double tag ending??? Lol. The current design team doesn’t feel like the soft ending types to me.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

Can anyone share where Cavies are rehearsing today? 

Thanks!

Cavies placed 2nd in percussion behind SCV tonight in Allentown. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still not understanding the soft ending. For some reason I feel like parts of it are placeholders.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Still not understanding the soft ending. For some reason I feel like parts of it are placeholders.

Unfortunately, the whole last 3 minutes of the show feels like a placeholder, but it appears that's what they've got. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Unfortunately, the whole last 3 minutes of the show feels like a placeholder, but it appears that's what they've got. 

I would be good if they kept everything thru the accelerando. after that I don’t get it. I keep wondering what this design team is thinking. Give us something that pulls us to our feet during, not after. It’s weird that the same group that gave us that amazing ending to Wrong Side Of the Tracks thought this was a good closer. 
Meh…Then again… they also created the last few minutes from 2018 On Madness And Creativity, which was a complete flop.I keep hoping that Thursday night will surprise us all, but I’m not holding my breath. This isn’t on the members, the GE scores suck. If those were better just a few tenths would separate them and Cadets/Blue Stars.

6 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

I would be good if they kept everything thru the accelerando. after that I don’t get it. I keep wondering what this design team is thinking. Give us something that pulls us to our feet during, not after. It’s weird that the same group that gave us that amazing ending to Wrong Side Of the Tracks thought this was a good closer. 
Meh…Then again… they also created the last few minutes from 2018 On Madness And Creativity, which was a complete flop.I keep hoping that Thursday night will surprise us all, but I’m not holding my breath. This isn’t on the members, the GE scores suck. If those were better just a few tenths would separate them and Cadets/Blue Stars.

I was not wild about the overall design of the show in June (mostly music construction and visual design, aside from the ballad which I love), however I feel the Covid issue caused real problems for them...at least from a competitive standpoint. When you go 2 weeks without full ensemble rehearsals with as many as 39 members out it's difficult to put it all back together and still clean in time for Finals. Forget about making major changes or tweaks that may be needed. You're just struggling to clean. Missing 2 weeks of rehearsal is a big deal, and during that time your only real performance experiences were stand-still concerts. When I think of it that way I am amazed by their determination to still make this show work come Finals. Not sure if they will pass Blue Stars or Cadets but I would not write-it off. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I was not wild about the overall design of the show in June (mostly music construction and visual design, aside from the ballad which I love), however I feel the Covid issue caused real problems for them...at least from a competitive standpoint. When you go 2 weeks without full ensemble rehearsals with as many as 39 members out it's difficult to put it all back together and still clean in time for Finals. Forget about making major changes or tweaks that may be needed. You're just struggling to clean. Missing 2 weeks of rehearsal is a big deal, and during that time your only real performance experiences were stand-still concerts. When I think of it that way I am amazed by their determination to still make this show work come Finals. Not sure if they will pass Blue Stars or Cadets but I would not write-it off. 

Amén! 

It is my opinion that the Cavies are still the most energetic and exciting corp in DCI. They do it without being too theatrical with props,overdoing narration, and standing still to play ballads, and with struggling to be who they are. They are the only all male corp in DCI dedicated to brotherhood, being as masculine as possible in show design, energy, music and color guard choreography to mention a few. I truly believe that remaining true to who they are will, in the long run, make them stronger if they build on that history and bring it more to the forefront of their shows rather than giving in to pressure to go co-ed or following the masses of DCI. Innovation has been their asset, and drill their ace in the hole. Masculine shows are crowd pleasers and brotherhood is member pleasing. The corp has shown its inclusiveness to all male members, straight, gay and otherwise and will prosper with that position for decades to come. 

• Thanks 2