The Cavaliers 2022

11 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Howdy, Forevergreen 

I hope you've been alright! 

I am well, other than having to put my sweet 15 year old red nose pitbull last month.  She was such a good dog and companion. Painful.  Loved everybody.  The kids on my block would even ask her to their birthday parties. So off went Ruby with a bow around her neck and a present. 
 I hope all is well with you.  I have missed drum corps soooo much. Very excited to see what The Cavaliers put on the field this year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

On the last video of the drum line released on FB, the snare line looked so young.  Of course I'm use to a lot of facial hair in the past & I guess I'm just getting older.  But they looked like young HS guys?  I'd love to go back to my college & corps years...  😁

If so ( younger ), its likely not going to be that unusual, ..particularly this season , imo

I would anticipate a lot of corps this summer will be marching younger and/ or a few more inexperienced marchers than they might typically have as a result of the suspension of judged competition for the last 2 seasons. We all should be relieved that it looks like we will see a return to the field of competition this season, no matter the make up of the corps. For quite awhile there, it was not all that sure that most of these Corps would be able to make it back to the field of competition. But they have, and so I'm grateful to see that. Best of success to the Cavaliers this season.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

I am well, other than having to put my sweet 15 year old red nose pitbull last month.  She was such a good dog and companion. Painful.  Loved everybody.  The kids on my block would even ask her to their birthday parties. So off went Ruby with a bow around her neck and a present. 
 I hope all is well with you.  I have missed drum corps soooo much. Very excited to see what The Cavaliers put on the field this year.

Sorry to read that. That's a bummer.

You already know I'm thrilled for the season to start.

6 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Speaking of Cavaliers in 2022, what's your son doing this summer? 

He’s teaching multiple camps. As I type he’s instructing at Freddy Martin’s Spirit Camp in Jacksonville. He has 3 more high school band camps. 

He is going to sneak up to Detroit with me for opening night. 

Then he begins his MS in Music Education right after our trip to finals! 

Thanks for asking! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

He’s teaching multiple camps. As I type he’s instructing at Freddy Martin’s Spirit Camp in Jacksonville. He has 3 more high school band camps. 

Thanks for asking! 

Outstanding. I'm so glad to learn that. I knew he was destined for great things with those leadership skills. Told you before, I'm sure, but congratulations on raising such a fine young man.  

22 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Thanks for asking! 

Yall should sneak away to the Houston show

• Like 1