The Cavaliers 2022

I noticed that the Cavaliers only have 4 bass drums at broken arrow.

Did they lose a member, or was he out due to covid?

Just now, jjeffeory said:

I noticed that the Cavaliers only have 4 bass drums at broken arrow.

Did they lose a member, or was he out due to covid?

I noticed that too. I don't have an answer, but I do know that they didn't play "Iowa" exiting the field. Missing their comrade, I suppose. 

• Sad 2

Without tarps cavies increased 2 points 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, BadBrad said:

Now add the fight club for another 2 points.

They need to add something.

Covid aside, this has been the biggest disappointment as far as show design. 

Hope they prove me wrong.

Edited by GREENBLUE

7 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

They need a final third to the show. When I saw them early in the year without the closer, it felt like they were putting the musical pieces together that were going to build to something really interesting, and instead, it turns out they had nothing but a wet fart to show for the final few minutes.  The members are great, and deserve so much better than what they were given this year.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

I think the pendulum ( around 4:40) should sweep left after it has swept to the right, then center. It can connect with the people on the left and the whole thing can move right to the circle. It would just add a few counts of movement by the drums and read much more effectively. It's already a highlight, but that would make it much better

47 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I think the pendulum ( around 4:40) should sweep left after it has swept to the right, then center. It can connect with the people on the left and the whole thing can move right to the circle. It would just add a few counts of movement by the drums and read much more effectively. It's already a highlight, but that would make it much better

Agree! I have thought that since Detroit. There are at least 4. Dead spots in the second half. I keep thinking they will fix it but nada. This show has great moments and has fantastic possibilities. Also why is the show so short? Get busy Cavies!

Edited by dureau
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, dureau said:

Agree! I have thought that since Detroit. There are at least 4. Dead spots in the second half. I keep thinking they will fix it but nada. This show has great moments and has fantastic possibilities. Also why is the show so short? Get busy Cavies!

Also the jam session near the end seems to end abruptly, needs to be longer!!! The music doesnt tie together nor fit the description of the show given. Better transitions needed. There has to be something the design team has been holding on to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Also the jam session near the end seems to end abruptly, needs to be longer!!!

All of this. All they had to do was look at the rock and roll section of 2001 and understand that you can keep a groove like that going through several developments - right now, it's what a high school band would play if they have 30 seconds to fill while sitting in the stands at a basketball game.  Honestly, the more I look at the wasted opportunities this year, the more it makes me wonder if they're due for a shakeup in the design team.

• Thanks 2