The Cavaliers 2022

I am surprised at the low level of interest in this thread. Why is that? 

Also this whole season it seems that The Cavies are not getting the support online they usually get. It also showed up in the fund raising competition a couple of weeks ago and in the participation in Patrion  . There has not been a whole lot of concentration in the fan base and seems to be a lack of staff working on those issues and others.

i May be completely wrong, but if that is what I’m perceiving and feeling, I’m sure there are others feeling the same. It’s very worrisome for a fan  like myself. 

Edited by dureau

quote from Propaganda says it all --

"I'm sorry

I don't want to be an emperor that's not my business

I don't want to rule or conquer anyone

I should like to help everyone if possible

We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that.

We want to live by each other's happiness - not by each other's misery.

We don't want to hate and despise one another. 

In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.

The way of life can be free and beautiful

but we have lost the way."

Maybe the Cavaliers need to do what Cadets have done and go back and look at the kind of shows that made them who they are -- 

Cavies fans don't need a WGI show on a football field - we need greatness and grandeur - soaring sounds and dazzling drill - machine-like precision and the cool and aloof manner the Cavaliers used to do it with.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, dureau said:

I am surprised at the low level of interest in this thread. Why is that? 

Hate to say it but this is a corps headed in the wrong direction. They need to clean house, top to bottom. 

the Jeff Fiedler/David Bertman/Sylvester Sybilski/Michael Gaines combination could possibly be the greatest team in the history of the activity. Obviously it was short lived. 

Edited by CFC1905

5 minutes ago, CFC1905 said:

Hate to say it but this is a corps headed in the wrong direction. They need to clean house, top to bottom. 

the Jeff Fiedler/David Bertman/Sly/Michael Gaines combination could possibly be the greatest team in the history of the activity. Obviously it was short lived. 

I agree to an extent. I think brass and percussion is fine. But I'll get more into this tomorrow. 

I was taught if you have nothing to say keep your mouth quiet. I was going to rant. 

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 2

Congratulations.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Congratulations.

Design team should be proud. Last time they finished 9th there was an overhaul. Fingers crossed. The kids performed the hell out of this show. This is all on the designers. You have Bad GE the rest of the captions are screwed.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Design team should be proud. Last time they finished 9th there was an overhaul. Fingers crossed.

Yep . 

…and there it is.

Daniel Wiles out as Program/Artistic Director and Tommy Allen done as Color Guard/Visual Director. 

* per Facebook 

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright, since the season is done.... here are my thoughts about the show.

Please note that these comments are NOT directed towards the marchers/members/alumni. It's just a hard pill to swallow and I think the staff needs to see this. Also, I may use some personal examples to help explain a few things. 

I have been a BIG fan of this corps since high school. If it weren't for The Cavaliers I wouldn't have grown my love for marching and they taught me to be a better marcher by following their example. I also attended Klein Forest during the time Mr. Mast was at Klein Oak and when he accepted the fine arts chair. The only time my school made finals was in 2006 at UIL Area. The name of the show was Afroflunce and it was the GREATEST feeling hearing your high school being announced for finals. The design of that show, compared to the other shows I marched, was just at a different level. In 2007 we marched a show called Piano Forte and it wasn't very well designed, but I worked my rear off. There really isn't anything positive I can say about that show. Then my senior year, in 2008, we marched a show called Music Box. There is a really cool contra feature. I was snubbed off of a clarinet and flute duet.... but I still worked my rear off to make finals, but due to hurricane Ike we just were never the same. We couldn't bounce back and we flopped.... sadly. Made a 2 out UIL, didn't qualify for area, but we did march at BOA super reginals. Which was awesome! But sadly.... it just wasn't the greatest designed show. Really nice visuals in the closer though. 

Why am I mentioning this? Because a really good show starts with the design. Imagination is key. Drill design is EXTREMELY important. I really don't want to type this.... but I'm disappointed in the staff. Nothing went right this season for the green machine. It's like the corps is stuck in this re-build bubble and they can't escape it. 

Truthfully, I really want to help... funny enough I do send them ideas every once in awhile. Truthfully, I do have a show idea that I want to send them... it's actually something that has been on my mind since 2019. So, at some point I'm gonna send them this show theme idea. I can describe it as it being aggressive, powerful, and emotional. And a very serious show. 

Well, basically, the staff needs to point the finger at themselves and do better. I love this corps and I always will... but please don't settle with this type of show design.... I know this corps can do better. 

Alright back to watching my Tottenham Hot Spurs, supporting team USA at the world cup, hoping the longhorns kick butt, go Texans, and go go go Astros!

• Like 2