If the DCI organization went away???

18 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Why does it always seem these kids go to the Internet instead of the police?  This person sounds emotionally troubled and, thus, an easy target for predators.  I feel for her/him(?).

i am not white and trans, i did not feel safe going to the police in the states these incidents occurred in, especially in a corps that is mormon based and 95% white. at the end of the day, this is not on me! i did what i thought was the best decision which was going to my corps director, and at the end of the day, it wasn’t resolved. i am not “emotionally troubled” for having people take advantage of me, my trust, and my body. this activity has a major issue with blaming victims.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, neonjvlivs said:

i am not white and trans, i did not feel safe going to the police in the states these incidents occurred in, especially in a corps that is mormon based and 95% white. at the end of the day, this is not on me! i did what i thought was the best decision which was going to my corps director, and at the end of the day, it wasn’t resolved. i am not “emotionally troubled” for having people take advantage of me, my trust, and my body. this activity has a major issue with blaming victims.

Well stated.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, neonjvlivs said:

Doesn’t directly relate to what you posted but I always think of reporting abuse while on tour. Member wouldn’t know who has jurisdiction where the abuse occurred. And not everyone is mentally or emotionally ready to report (IOW talk about it) immediately after abuse happens. In that case the member might not be anywhere near where it occurred.

You’re right, blame the victim.

My first thought on going to corps director: mandatory reporter? 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Why does it always seem these kids go to the Internet instead of the police?  This person sounds emotionally troubled and, thus, an easy target for predators.  I feel for her/him(?).

What would even make you think that's an appropriate thing to say here???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The touring aspect highlights the need for "exactly how do I report" and "what are my legal and ethical responsiblities if someone reports to me (mandated reporting)" training all around.  I mean, these are standard parts of training.   But they're also often some of the most complicated, even if in a single jurisdiction. 

That this STILL hasn't been implemented well...ugh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, neonjvlivs said:

(Now I'm confused.......)

But what I am clear of is that in no way did I blame, or even infer, you were at fault for the multiple felony assaults that occurred against you.  I think all victims of drugging with intent to commit sexual assault should go to the police, so the perpetrator can't do it to anyone else.  I'm very sorry you didn't feel safe to do so, and if I hurt you I'm very sorry for doing so.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

The touring aspect highlights the need for "exactly how do I report" and "what are my legal and ethical responsiblities if someone reports to me (mandated reporting)" training all around.  I mean, these are standard parts of training.   But they're also often some of the most complicated, even if in a single jurisdiction. 

That this STILL hasn't been implemented well...ugh.

yeah i agree. i didn’t know how to report things other than “report thru the whistleblower” because the staff and admin didn’t go over the reporting aspect as good as they should’ve ://

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, neonjvlivs said:

yeah i agree. i didn’t know how to report things other than “report thru the whistleblower” because the staff and admin didn’t go over the reporting aspect as good as they should’ve ://

Who are you told to report to and is there a secondary person if you don’t feel comfortable going to the primary person? 
Just confused by “report thru the whistleblower”. Not sure who or what whistleblower in this case means.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Who are you told to report to and is there a secondary person if you don’t feel comfortable going to the primary person? 
Just confused by “report thru the whistleblower”. Not sure who or what whistleblower in this case means.

no clue honestly for the first part. as for the second, the whistleblower was just a form on the corps website that allowed to to anonymously report people but for the more severe reports it was recommended to leave you email :// we never had a formal corps meeting about how to report people other than that form, and weren’t really suggested to report what was happening to any staff/cops/etc if we were uncomfortable with reporting straight to the director or whistleblower from my knowledge.

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, neonjvlivs said:

no clue honestly for the first part. as for the second, the whistleblower was just a form on the corps website that allowed to to anonymously report people but for the more severe reports it was recommended to leave you email :// we never had a formal corps meeting about how to report people other than that form, and weren’t really suggested to report what was happening to any staff/cops/etc if we were uncomfortable with reporting straight to the director or whistleblower from my knowledge.

Thank you. Asking as worked for federal govt and big part of anti-sexual harassment/assault training was how to report and who to report to. First person to go to was boss. But…. if you didn’t feel comfortable going to the boss (or they were the harasser) you had a secondary contact. And last resource was nation wide contact number.

From what I read Battalion is clueless and just not doing the job.

• Like 3