If the DCI organization went away???

13 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Easy to throw stones when you have zero accountability or experience.  Yeah, you have an opinion..wow.  Little dogs bark a lot....

So what would you prefer, the abuse ######## continues and no one is allowed to say anything. The word I’m thinking in this case is “enabler”.

15 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Easy to throw stones when you have zero accountability or experience.  Yeah, you have an opinion..wow.  Little dogs bark a lot....

Lots of people with professional experience on these types of issues and policies have commented on threads here. All of them have been critical of the structures put in place by individual orgs and DCI

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Lots of people with professional experience on these types of issues and policies have commented on threads here. All of them have been critical of the structures put in place by individual orgs and DCI

Sure....

27 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think much younger people than us need to take the reins.  This toxic old boys club in power has got to go.  Retire already. 

Would be different ?, not so sure. Many of the issues in the past runs the age range. Just recently it was about member to member. I agree at times the old boys club can be obstruction to many things others would like to see OR it's a protection club of their own self interest BUT I have also seen new people just take on the same role, No different except for the faces 

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GUARDLING said:

What makes you think it would be different. Many of the issues in the past runs the age range. Just recently it was about member to member. I agree at times the old boys club can be obstruction to many things others would like to see OR it's a protection club of their own self interest BUT I have also seen new people just take on the same role, No different except for the faces 

I’m not in the loop anymore but I have met a few young corps directors who are outstanding leaders and run a tight ship.   I’m sure there are the bend knee types in the younger group, too.  

26 minutes ago, neonjvlivs said:

what does it say? i’m unable to see the comment because of facebook being weird unfortunately 😕

Was a link to the Reddit post.  

It has apparently been removed - perhaps someone with more direct knowledge (hint hint) could contact the Salt Lake Tribune tip line.

I really don't want anyone in the 2022 (or future) Corps to go through what you went through.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Would be different ?, not so sure. Many of the issues in the past runs the age range. Just recently it was about member to member. I agree at times the old boys club can be obstruction to many things others would like to see OR it's a protection club of their own self interest BUT I have also seen new people just take on the same role, No different except for the faces 

Indeed.  One of the GOOD things about drum corps is that it usually brings out some of the best young people out there.

• Like 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not in the loop anymore but I have met a few young corps directors who are outstanding leaders and run a tight ship.   I’m sure there are the bend knee types in the younger group, too.  

AS there have been older ones who were or have been great leaders. Just saying we will always have issues young or old. As far as recent issues , I can tell you 1st hand there are creepy dirt bags all over, running things, teaching and yes marching . Sad but true, I think it just takes eyes wide open and hopefully trustworthy management. Yes it can be tricky

• Like 1