If the DCI organization went away???

Recruit Ron Nankervis from WGI to run DCI.  Look how he has expanded that organization while DCI continues to contract. 

Modern Drum Corps already looks like WGI and woodwinds are going to happen anyway.  

11 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Perhaps, but I shudder to think some here would attempt to wrest control in that power vacuum.  It's one thing to talk and act if if one knows what they are talking about...it's an entire other thing to know what you are doing and talking about.  Watch out for the "talkers" vs the "doers".

I don’t think anyone on DCP wants to take over drum corps. Then we wouldn’t have the time to watch your temper tantrums on DCP 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Easy to throw stones when you have zero accountability or experience.  Yeah, you have an opinion..wow.  Little dogs bark a lot....

If you actually read before you typed, you’d see Jim has experience with organizations and reporting procedures and policies.

I realize acknowledging that fact gets in the way of your rant, but we’ll… it’s true

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Looks like it was deleted.  

Maybe someone should contact the Salt Lake Tribune tip line.

They blocked me 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Recruit Ron Nankervis from WGI to run DCI.  Look how he has expanded that organization while DCI continues to contract. 

Modern Drum Corps already looks like WGI and woodwinds are going to happen anyway.  

If WGI didn’t have the scholastic groups, they’d be in not nearly as good condition 

• Like 2

On 2/3/2022 at 2:05 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

…. How would it affect the individual corps?

For you Marvel comics fans, gonna play “What If?”

What If? DCI got clobbered with a major lawsuit that zeroed out the books. Or What If? The board decided to disband the organization. 

How would it affect the individual corps in both WC and OC? IOW time for the alternate history

(getting popcorn)

The activity, as we know it, would vanish.  It’s evident, by the many “what if” type posts like this, that there are many who long for such a fate to this activity.    

24 minutes ago, Land_Surfer said:

It’s evident, by the many “what if” type posts like this, that there are many who long for such a fate to this activity.    

You ASSume too much. I worked IT and lot of my job was to work out “if we did this what would happen?”. It’s called thinking ahead.

If people don’t care enough about the activity to ask questions then the activity is screwed. IMO “whatever happens, happens…” is not where we want drum corps to be.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1