If the DCI organization went away???

23 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

You ASSume too much. I worked IT and lot of my job was to work out “if we did this what would happen?”. It’s called thinking ahead.

If people don’t care enough about the activity to ask questions then the activity is screwed. IMO “whatever happens, happens…” is not where we want drum corps to be.

I don’t believe if/then logic works well in an emotionally charged forum such as this.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Land_Surfer said:

I don’t believe if/then logic works well in an emotionally charged forum such as this.  

There are posters who have worked/still work with corps and have seen how DCI and the corps interact. Don’t see what your problem is with asking people with first hand experience and knowledge for their input.

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

There are posters who have worked/still work with corps and have seen how DCI and the corps interact. Don’t see what your problem is with asking people with first hand experience and knowledge for their input.

I don’t believe DCI is to blame.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Land_Surfer said:

I don’t believe DCI is to blame.  

Where in this thread did I blame anyone? 

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Where in this thread did I blame anyone? 

My fault.  I was speaking generally about all the posts bashing DCI recently (last 2-3 years), not yours.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Land_Surfer said:

My fault.  I was speaking generally about all the posts bashing DCI recently (last 2-3 years), not yours.   

Ok now I see the disconnect. We’re good.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

You ASSume too much. I worked IT and lot of my job was to work out “if we did this what would happen?”. It’s called thinking ahead.

If people don’t care enough about the activity to ask questions then the activity is screwed. IMO “whatever happens, happens…” is not where we want drum corps to be.

Structured Analysis mon frere..lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Shocker....

Very considering I’ve never posted on their page. In fact I didn’t even follow their page til last week 

6 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

and the Scholastic units from A to world learned how to leverage their importance years ago. THEY are the bread and butter of WGI

Indeed but let’s be honest independent world runs the show when you look at representation at the may meetings 

4 hours ago, Land_Surfer said:

Well IF I block you THEN I don’t see your posts. So yeah it actually would work here