Issues With DCA Championship Request

And with the way the school boards are, they are not exactly jumping at the chance of bringing in drum corps. They worry about noice ordanances, the neighbors, a venue that's large enough to hold x number of corps and the availability of hotel spaces. If you listen to the athletic directors, thier precious football fields are gold and nobody can touch them.

The factors today are making it hard for corps. I think part of the reason why DCI no longer has a show in Ypsi is because of the school and the school boards.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring it on down to Atlanta. Georgia Tech would be a great location!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, changing the championship site is not in the cards. We will be at the stadium through 2005.

But we can work harder to make the weekend enjoyable and a little less stressful for both performers and spectators.

As I compile the list, many recurring themes stand out and I believe they are easily corrected with a little more pre-planning and placing responsibility on DCA minded persons instead of relying on non-drum corps types who simply do not understand.

Keep passing on the suggestions and complaints, I will make sure they get into the right hands.

William Aldrich/Thorpe

The cops who had nothing better to do than act as ushers with pistols were downright obnoxious and on a major power trip.  I understand that there are fire regulations or some sort of safety regulations which state that fans can't congregate in the area behind the seats.  Fine.  Then don't tell me to move into the hallway and then, when I do that, tell me that I need to be either in my seat or in the concourse.  And the only reason I'm not in my seat is because I don't want to be rude and walk in in the middle of a corps' performance.  (and I DO consider that to be rude and wish a lot of other people saw it the same way!  I mean, geez, how many times does Fran have to announce it for it to sink in?)

I wouldn't mind being subject to rules that I don't necessarily like if they weren't accompanied by arrogance in a uniform which must stem from deep-seeded feelings of inadequacy.  Any psychologists out there who can shed some light on these folks?  Oedipus?  Small you-know-what syndrome?  Or maybe they're just ########.  Either way, they made the experience a lot less enjoyable than it could have been.  I still had a great time, though!  :)

Was this your 1st time at DCA's in Scranton? The Nazi youth (cops) were actually nicer than in some years in the recent past. Somehow, I don't think that's ever going to change.

:rolleyes: :) :lol:

Speaking of the cops, on Sunday night, they personally visited the interior of my hotel room ... TWICE .... to get Pizza Orgasmica 2.0 to shut down.

#### THE POLICE.

Unfortunately, changing the championship site is not in the cards. We will be at the stadium through 2005.

But we can work harder to make the weekend enjoyable and a little less stressful for both performers and spectators.

As I compile the list, many recurring themes stand out and I believe they are easily corrected with a little more pre-planning and placing responsibility on DCA minded persons instead of relying on non-drum corps types who simply do not understand.

Keep passing on the suggestions and complaints, I will make sure they get into the right hands.

William Aldrich/Thorpe

Remember my stadium proposal??? No more bases and pitchers mounds.

All;

I am closing this thread as no new suggestions are forthcoming. I have recorded all of the messages (well most of them). And will develop a proposal document to present to DCA management. There is no guarantee that they will act on ALL of the comments and suggestions, but I believe they want everyone to have a enjoyable experience and they will try and find resolution on the more pressing issues that effect the largest number of people.

I want to thank eveyone who took the time to post their comments and suggestions. I greatly appreciate the effort.

My only concern here is the give you a voice to the DCA management so they can understand your concerns and your suggestions to make the DCA Championship the best every year.

Yours in corps espirit!

William Aldrich/Thorpe

Edited by Bill_VA

there is a new stadium in hartford ct just dying to be used brand spanking new 90.000 dollars worth B)