Whitewater Wi. Stadium

Hello all hope you’re all doing well!

so I’m looking at the drum corps  schedule for 2022 and thought it would be fun to visit the original site of DCI championships which of course was in Whitewater Wisconsin.  Does anyone know if the actual original stadium/field  still exists?

• Like 1

It is still there with the same stands at the stadium as it was 50 years ago.  It is now known as Perkins Stadium. I am a Warhawk having attended UWW during my formidable days of Drum Corps.  I even performed there while I was in the Marines.  It is still a great stadium for a drum corps show. 

Consider it the "Must Visit" stadium for drum corps like Lambeau is for football.

Perkins Stadium - University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Athletics (uwwsports.com)

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, FTNK said:

Went there in 2019 and it was a nice time. Went on a hike in the Kettle Moraine State Forest nearby and then got a nice dinner in “downtown” Whitewater before the show (sat next to the judges, lol). Recommended

The La Grange General Store is a fun option for a beer and a nosh after a hike. They make great sandwiches and bakery. 

• Like 1

1992 Div. II/III finals was held there. Crown won brass but we placed a disappointing third behind Northern Aurora and Southwind.  We managed a second place finish at prelims, but couldn't ever get over the SW hump that season. They were marching twice as many as we were, and had a more "ready-for-drumcorps" show, so it wasn't necessarily surprising.

And yeah, the mosquitoes were as advertised. Especially at our housing site in Mazomanie.

• Like 2