Cadets Block Seats To DCI’s Biggest Events

This seems a bad way to word a headline (DCP didn't change it, it's how the Cadets page has it). In a world where so many people just read headlines, these seems like the Cadets are doing something bad and "blocking" good seats people would otherwise be able to get. Dunno, maybe just me and my jaded view of DCI at the moment with everything going on.

Can someone summarize the Special Locked Seating scheme and rules?

I'd like to attend the finals in Indy, I see the unlock code for the Cadets, but am I free to use their code? Is this just a scheme to get fans to sit in their favorite corps seating block(s), and go on a hunt for their code? Ditto hotel room blocks. I was all booked for the 2020 finals and don't recall anything about codes.

Thanks, 

--tg

Edited by siletzspey

9 hours ago, siletzspey said:

Can someone summarize the Special Locked Seating scheme and rules?

I'd like to attend the finals in Indy, I see the unlock code for the Cadets, but am I free to use their code? Is this just a scheme to get fans to sit in their favorite corps seating block(s), and go on a hunt for their code? Ditto hotel room blocks. I was all booked for the 2020 finals and don't recall anything about codes.

Thanks, 

--tg

You need  to look at what sections each corps has been assigned.  They vary greatly. Once you have found a section you like use that corps code to get your seats.  The best seats remaining are in the corps blocks.  All seats are first come first sold.  Over the years I have purchased through several different corps.  Hotel room blocks are a rip off.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, frachel said:

This seems a bad way to word a headline (DCP didn't change it, it's how the Cadets page has it). In a world where so many people just read headlines, these seems like the Cadets are doing something bad and "blocking" good seats people would otherwise be able to get. Dunno, maybe just me and my jaded view of DCI at the moment with everything going on.

That's the way I read it the first time, too. Thought geez, that's a little arrogant. 

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

That's the way I read it the first time, too. Thought geez, that's a little arrogant. 

The word "block" literally has over 40 definitions. People are being way too sensitive over a word. Just buy a d#mn ticket and enjoy the show. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

If they're gonna have the corps standing there to prevent people from entering those seats all the way until August, that might impact their tour...

:spitting:

• Haha 1