Using Music without permission (Say it isn't so)

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I lost interest when it wasn’t amateur athletes anymore.   Sucked all of the excitement out of it for me.  The days of Peggy Fleming’s mom sewing her skating outfit are over.  

I gave up when half the telecast was the athletes life story, blah blah wood woof. Shuddap and show the bleeping event.

And to the OP, how would international boundaries affect going after rights violations. Especially since this occurred in China.

• Like 2

Hey- to all of my drum corpse friends out there.  To get off topic a little bit.  Here in México- the Spanish station showed the entire event- showed every skater- in fact- showed every Olympic event in its entirety on three separate stations.  No blabbing during each skaters routine- only evaluated the performance while waiting for the score- no Johnny & Tara BS- very professional.  No up close and personal things. 

The only negative thing was that it was a live telecast- so it started at 4 in the AM here in Puerto Vallarta, and the commercial that they played at the breaks was the same commercial over and over- sort of like Flo Marching!!  That and we still feel like alot of the skaters need some help from drum corps designers.  They need to enhance their difficult routines to fit the music.

And a big shout out to Donovan Carrillo from Guadalajara who made Mexico skating history at the Olympics- we are proud of you man!!

OK- back to your regular scheduled program

• Like 4

"They need to enhance their difficult routines to fit the music."

This has been my petty annoyance forever, but I have been informed by skating pros that it's not really a priority and doesn't enter into the score. (What? Haven't they got a G.E. caption?)

Some skaters actually did hit cues, and that was very effective. It's also very difficult in terms of time and space. You know, the old "Space/Time Continuum".  Ergo, those who can do this should get higher scores, at least in that "caption".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ironlips said:

"They need to enhance their difficult routines to fit the music."

This has been my petty annoyance forever, but I have been informed by skating pros that it's not really a priority and doesn't enter into the score. (What? Haven't they got a G.E. caption?)

Some skaters actually did hit cues, and that was very effective. It's also very difficult in terms of time and space. You know, the old "Space/Time Continuum".  Ergo, those who can do this should get higher scores, at least in that "caption".

I've often wondered if they even listen to their own music. I also agree some this year did at least hit some cues and was very effective.

Edited by GUARDLING

19 hours ago, Dr. Craig Callen said:

Actually, I sort of tune in just for them. They are kind of like the Gene and (Helen?) Reyburn’s of the early DCI PBS broadcasts to me. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2022 at 4:21 PM, Dr. Craig Callen said:

No blabbing during each skaters routine- only evaluated the performance while waiting for the score- no Johnny & Tara BS- very professional.  No up close and personal things. 

What’s wrong with Johnny and Tara.   

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

What’s wrong with Johnny and Tara.   

Lol remember Dick Button the king of US “homers”. If a US skater and a non-US skater did the same thing he would gush over the US skater and do a “meh” for the other one. Quit watching due to him….