Escalating fuel cost and its impact on the 2022 tour

DCFAN

16 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

You had a converted bread truck? Lucky.

"We got rusty nails and big bags of broken glass! That's the way it was, and we liked it!"

• Haha 2

On 2/23/2022 at 2:26 PM, DCFAN said:

I am starting to worry that with the situation in Ukraine the cost for gas and diesel fuels will become a real burden for most of the touring corps. The price for fuels is already high and is expected to get a lot worse.   I am sure most corps at this point don't have big cash reserves to weather this storm. Just surprised that this has not been a discussion topic.   

Rising fuel costs affect everything you purchase. So food, material for flags, etc...

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 2:26 PM, DCFAN said:

I am starting to worry that with the situation in Ukraine the cost for gas and diesel fuels will become a real burden for most of the touring corps. The price for fuels is already high and is expected to get a lot worse.   I am sure most corps at this point don't have big cash reserves to weather this storm. Just surprised that this has not been a discussion topic.   

Don’t forgot that some fans have to travel a distance to get to shows, especially Indy. Between increased cost and mess with abuse in corps, lot of people may decide to forget the trip.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2022 at 5:31 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I go back as far as converted bread trucks.  

We had a refrigerated van that looked like a bread truck. Problem was the inside was a good bit smaller due to the thick insulated walls. 😫

Edited by JimF-LowBari

22 hours ago, JohnZ said:

or a semi-modified beer truck...which was awesome...

That's what we had for a time. At the end of the day, it was a multi-purpose vehicle. 

On 2/24/2022 at 12:55 PM, Poppycock said:

The incurred cost continues to impact all the organizations. The donation $$$ are not there to supplement touring expenses, and membership fees are not enough to cover all costs. IMO, this may be the worst economic crisis to operate a drum corps ever. 

No need to worry its only Temporary. The nobel laureates all agree it will be fine. 

• Haha 1