Escalating fuel cost and its impact on the 2022 tour

DCFAN

At some gas stations in Los Angeles regular unleaded is $6.19 per gallon.  Super unleaded $6.69 per gallon.  Who knows how high it will be by summer.

We start to come out of COVID and then this fresh B.S. 🤬

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

At some gas stations in Los Angeles regular unleaded is $6.19 per gallon.  Super unleaded $6.69 per gallon.  Who knows how high it will be by summer.

Edited by TenHut

This situation is self induced. 

Edited by TenHut
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Poppycock said:

BBB So I’ve been told! 

I keep on building but they keep on raising inflation and gas prices. 

These corps need to use only all electric buses. Make the switch now why wait? ,,,,,,Oh wait never mind I forgot the thing you know the electrical thing and how its made. 

• Haha 1

gas was extremely high in either 07 or 8 i think and we had the same discussions. if there is a plus to the way too long and expensive spring break, it's that the corps are not bussing everywhere

8 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Not to  mention an invasion of Ukraine whose consequences are potentially staggering

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Swamptihs said:

I keep on building but they keep on raising inflation and gas prices. 

These corps need to use only all electric buses. Make the switch now why wait? ,,,,,,Oh wait never mind I forgot the thing you know the electrical thing and how its made. 

Electric vehicles need to be charged - and finding a location near housing sites would be problematic.  You can't just run an extension cord to the vehicle & plug it in.  It requires a dedicated circuit, and even with these it can take 8 hours to charge an electric car battery alone.  Busses will require even more power.

Maybe a small, towable nuclear power-plant could be added to the convoy to provide charging for the vehicles at the housing site.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2