Escalating fuel cost and its impact on the 2022 tour

DCFAN

18 hours ago, Slingerland said:

They would point to supply and demand, correctly so.  Presidents and economists don't dictate how much oil is produced by oil companies. Oil companies do.  People who live more or less personally gasoline-free lives (because they use alternative transport methods) don't drive demand, hence prices. People who have cars do.

BTW,  the same economists would point out that anyone who drives around in a 4500 lb truck that gets 20-23mpg on the highway, but could easily be swapped for a 2800 lb passenger car that gets 38 mpg on the highway has already stated that they don't care about the cost of fuel, since they're blowing 1/3 more fuel for every mile than someone who chose differently. Seeing some of those same people kvetching about rising gas prices now by showing pics of a pump with 27 gallons of gas being purchased for their personal ride is a very low form of comedy.

I don't own a truck though. Not sure where the truck anger is going. 

I have a flex fuel car. Gas is about 2.70 a gallon right now, gets about 10% less mileage when I fill with flex, but it is mostly from corn farmers, not effected by Russia or Iran.

I drive an, Escalade I'm dying. The price of gas will be down by the middle of May. We have gone through this before. The Us only buys 2-3% of its oil from Russia. Most of our oil comes from Canada and Mexico and a small percentage come from Saudi Arabia and South American countries.

Edited by boxingfred

National gas price averaged $4.00/gallon in July 2008. Somehow, all the corps survived the season. Instead of complaining, how bout starting a fuel fund for your respective alumni/favorite corps? If we work together, we can help the corps with the extra fuel costs this summer. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Swamptihs said:

Gas prices still going up. 

Thinking that will be the case until Ukraine mess stabilizes (good or bad).

32 minutes ago, Swamptihs said:

They were already going up but this has pressed the old turbo button on the 386 desktop. 

Yeah replaced the ancient squirrel in the wheel with a younger one. 
Old enough to remember 386 (and 286?) when work started bleeding edge of PCs.