One of those annoying ticket questions

It will be difficult to secure good seats for this years finals, I'm afraid. It's the 50th anniversary year, and many more people are going. Your best bet may be to use the Marketplace on DCP, as people usually put extra tickets up for sale closer to August.  Also, both Phantom and Cadets have tickets for sale on their websites, as they get blocks of tickets. Cadets still have tickets for Saturday night in section 238, rows 6,7 and 8.  Those would be good, and down pretty low.  Good luck. 

For 5 years 2015-2019 I did the same thing to secure tickets. I was on Ticketmaster the second tickets went on sale. I would purchase 2 tickets in the first 4 rows of section 140 for finals night. I would then immediately move to Friday night to purchase 2 tickets in section 640. Never had a problem until this year.

Logged into Ticketmaster and got in the queue 20 minutes before tickets went on sale. The moment they went on sale I was able to purchase tickets, but there's was not a single seat available for purchase in sections 139, 140, or 141. Friday was fine...I currently have 2 tickets for Friday night in 640. I had to pivot and buy 2 tickets down low on the 50 for Allentown.

My frustration is DCI did not communicate at all that there would be no option to buy tickets in 140 through ticketmaster the day they went on sale. I would have jumped through whatever hoops I needed to to secure my normal seats. I would have joined Friends of DCI if that was required, but it was not necessary 2015-2019. As of now I dont have tickets for finals. If I am not sitting in the first 4 rows of 140 I'm not going.

Incredibly frustrating.

Z

Per feedback from this forum, I was able to find seat-block codes for several corps, and upon entering Phantom's code into the Ticketmaster web site, many of the "locked / offer passcode seats" became unlocked and purchasable. I did NOT have to purchase the tickets thru an individual corps web site.

Two+ weeks ago I was able to nab sec.141 row.15 for the finals, and sec.142 row.21 for the semis. I have never attended a big DCI show, so had no notion of the merits of seating down low vs up high. Hopefully I'm in the blast zone.

--tg 

6 hours ago, siletzspey said:

Per feedback from this forum, I was able to find seat-block codes for several corps, and upon entering Phantom's code into the Ticketmaster web site, many of the "locked / offer passcode seats" became unlocked and purchasable. I did NOT have to purchase the tickets thru an individual corps web site.

Two+ weeks ago I was able to nab sec.141 row.15 for the finals, and sec.142 row.21 for the semis. I have never attended a big DCI show, so had no notion of the merits of seating down low vs up high. Hopefully I'm in the blast zone.

--tg 

Those are good seats for sound and seeing a lot of detail of the performances. Not great for some drill effects. But then that just means you're not missing much for most corps.