Vehicles in a DCI corps caravan?

21 hours ago, FTNK said:

When I marched - 16 years ago - Cadets had the standard two semis - equipment truck and food truck; a staff RV, souvenir trailer, and four buses. Props were in a 25 ft box truck. 

I think we might see a little more sanity creeping in…

We had to pack that truck like Tetris. 16- pink benches, 20-16ft back drops and metal base, 1big heavy metal table(bass feature), And, A rotating door Packing the truck sucked but we got it down to 43 minutes. There were 4 of us Me(in Charge), Baby Jesus ( because he had hair like Jesus) She-Ra (because was Strong) and Lance Bass(because he  

1 hour ago, boxingfred said:

We had to pack that truck like Tetris. 16- pink benches, 20-16ft back drops and metal base, 1big heavy metal table(bass feature), And, A rotating door Packing the truck sucked but we got it down to 43 minutes. There were 4 of us Me(in Charge), Baby Jesus ( because he had hair like Jesus) She-Ra (because was Strong) and Lance Bass(because he  

Thank you for your service

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Are you suggesting that Corps should know what is in a contract before they sign the contract?!?.

What a radical concept.

It's not so much a matter of knowing what's in a contract, but a matter of fully understanding what it all means.  I know a lot of businesses that found out about force majeure clauses the hard way over the past two years.  The clause had always been in contracts to purchase goods/supplies or freight, but very few had actually seen them invoked.  Needless to say it came as a surprise when it happened, and not all businesses were prepared to absorb costs that were suddenly 400% above what was initially projected/budgeted.  

BAC typically has three 55 passenger coaches for the corps members, a "sleeper coach" for the instructional staff, another sleeper for the food crew (so they can get adequate rest because they need to be up at 4 or 5am to hookup and prepare breakfast), and three 18 wheelers, the new kitchen trailer, new equipment trailer for horns, drums  and guard equipment,  and they also own a 3rd if needed.  The corps owns the 3 trailers but it leases the tractors and of course the buses. In addition,  the corps owns two Mercedes vans which generally transport folks like the corps doctor, RN, physical trainer  and a whole slew of interns and the media team.  These vans are also dispatched to local hospitals if needed and to local grocery stores if they need something in addition to the weekly Sysco delivery.  There is also a smaller rv which tows the souvie trailer,  but I think the merchandise team usually travels independently of the caravan. The two vans are critical in terms of shuttling staff and volunteers to and from local airports, since they all cycle in and out throughout move in and tour. Finally,  the bus drivers work for the bus companies and the truck drivers are private contractors.  I do not know how the fuel bill is handled,  but I do know that BAC intentionally went with the diesel vans to simplify fuel stops.   In Boston's case, the corps owns another 2 or 3 vehicles for local use Massachusetts which do not go on tour. Of course, they modify the caravan each summer based on the needs, but these days, most corps travel with about a dozen vehicles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

And before anyone asks,  all the volunteers are required to fill out applications and undergo criminal background checks before the season begins, just as like the instructional staff. Gone are the days when a volunteer can just show up with a back pack and jump on board.

• Like 3