Surf Organization Responds To Membership Challenges By Lowering 2022 Drum Corps Participation Expenses By $1000

There are not a lot of examples of businesses lowering prices in this context and succeeding long at those lower levels.

And it isn't clear to me from anything here that if there are problems filing the ranks in corps these problems are only related to price.

I certainly hope Surf works things out and has a good tour.

Everyone wants to keep blaming props and electronics. It’s the insane amount some of these corps are paying designers and staff. Corps only have themselves to blame of what they evolved to. Let’s see if the pendulum shifts. Something has got to give.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 3/24/2022 at 12:25 AM, Jeff Ream said:

yet thousands of middle class kids do sports camps that last a week and cost more.

Your point? 

On 3/23/2022 at 11:08 PM, DrummerParent said:

What are you trying to say?  I’m not saying that drum corps isn’t expensive.  What I’m saying is that people are constantly complaining about the cost yet performers aren’t choosing the lesser expensive and open class corps.  What would you change to make the activity less expensive that the data doesn’t already prove doesn’t work.  You can’t have the $5000 drum corps experience without someone paying for it.

My point is while it may be ok for you that many people are paying 5k to have a great drum corps experience, it's unfair for those who cannot afford to do things like this because it can be prohibitively expensive, especially for those who come from poor areas but would still like to have the same experience. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Everyone wants to keep blaming props and electronics. It’s the insane amount some of these corps are paying designers and staff. Corps only have themselves to blame of what they evolved to. Let’s see if the pendulum shifts. Something has got to give.

Someone has to say it.  Thank you. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I’ve been saying this for like ever! Staff drives the budget. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1