Spirit of Atlanta Status??

Went to the FB page and last entry still from two plus months ago., so no updates. Only thing I noticed is they did some major pruning on the replies and ????. Some of the nastier  replies (including legal threat towards yours truly) gone but still enough to make the corps and some of its supporters look bad.

And looks like all of Micheal Schmidt’s (not going to say the nickname) posts and replies to him were removed.

So anyway…. know it’s early in the process but is there any update?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

59 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

My brother is an alum from 79-81. Pretty sure he hasn't heard any new updates. Re: Michael Schmidt...if I'm not mistaken ( and I could be), I believe he passed away 2-3 weeks ago. 

Yes he did pass away…. The obit is on another thread.

I coulda swore they announced they wouldn’t be fielding a corps this year. Like I’m 80% certain I read that somewhere.

40 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I coulda swore they announced they wouldn’t be fielding a corps this year. Like I’m 80% certain I read that somewhere.

Removing my snark as I misunderstood 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Either bad sarcasm or missed earlier DCP discussion and the FB posts from corps BoD.

I wasn’t being sarcastic. I honestly thought I remembered reading that somewhere. I read the first few pages of the SOA thread but stopped once it went off the rails. If my previous post came off as offensive, I apologize. 

7 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I wasn’t being sarcastic. I honestly thought I remembered reading that somewhere. I read the first few pages of the SOA thread but stopped once it went off the rails. If my previous post came off as offensive, I apologize. 

Ok I apologize for my snark. Need a better scorecard of who is serious here and who likes to stir the pot. 
Last few posts on Spirit FB page are statements from corps BoD about taking season off to regroup/clean up the mess/whatever. The responses to the statements got very ugly and made the corps look bad. 
DCP went off the rails… FB it went off the rails and survivors started attacking each other…. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok I apologize for my snark. Need a better scorecard of who is serious here and who likes to stir the pot. 
Last few posts on FB page are statements from corps BoD about taking season off to regroup/clean up the mess/whatever. The responses to the statements got very ugly and made the corps look bad. 
DCP went off the rails… FB it went off the rails and survivors started attacking each other…. 

No apology necessary. Some posters like to throw grenades, for sure. I try to stay out of all that for the most part.  I probably could’ve worded my original post better. What can I say? I blame the millennial in me. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, crownisking said:

No apology necessary. Some posters like to throw grenades, for sure. I try to stay out of all that for the most part.  I probably could’ve worded my original post better. What can I say? I blame the millennial in me. 

Oh #### and you’re trading posts with a boomer. 🤪

• Like 1