Spirit of Atlanta Status??

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

It's too bad they are going inactive. They really started something great in 2018 and improved on that in 2019. Now with essentially being noncompetitive 2020-2023 - that concerns me. I hope they can make it back. I've always loved Spirit and wanted them to do well in all aspects.

Have they announced that they will not field in 2023?

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

No.  Here's their last joint statement with DCI:

As Spirit of Atlanta has examined the task ahead of us to provide the safest and best experience to members, staff, and volunteers, and also in consultation with DCI, we have made the decision to go on hiatus and reorganize during the 2022 season. Spirit of Atlanta believes that this is the best path forward to serve our mission, build the infrastructure that we know that we need for our future success, and to build the corps that we want to be. We believe that stepping back will allow Spirit to deeply analyze the changes that will help this organization and activity make the improvements needed to provide the highest standards for the health, safety, and social-emotional needs of our participating youth. Spirit of Atlanta and DCI collectively believe that it is in the best interests of all to complete this important work and return as a competitive corps in 2023.

We look forward to returning to the field soon.

George A. Dickinson, Board Chair, Spirit of Atlanta Inc.

David Starnes, Executive Director, Spirit of Atlanta Inc.

Chris Moore, Corps Director, Spirit of Atlanta Inc.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

No. I should have said 2020-2022. My fault.

• Thanks 1

Wow I wasn't aware that they were in so much trouble.  What a shame a great corps with a great history!

Edited by Bucbari
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, rjohn76 said:

In case you missed it - here's the first update on the progress of SOA:

Listed to the training that will be given to the members. 👍 That’s a piece I seldom see discussed by DCI. Training has to be for all and tailored to the needs of each group so at least Spirit recognizes this:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rjohn76 said:

I thought it was pretty good. Always easy just to say these things - and many organizations and companies in trouble do about the same. Here's hoping SOA finds practical ways to make this work. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, rjohn76 said:

Notice this is from the corps FB page which is a good place to put it. Also didn’t see the two threads where the corps announced they were not fielding which turned into a total manure pile. If corps management deleted them, that’s a good sign too as the personal attacks made the corps look bad.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1