Spirit of Atlanta Status??

at this stage silence during their inactivity is best until they have some announcements to make, that hopefully lead more with fixes to the problem that led them here as opposed to staff additions etc

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

With the disease he had, the saying about not judging someone until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes comes to mind

• Like 5

On 3/29/2022 at 12:31 AM, Jeff Ream said:

at this stage silence during their inactivity is best until they have some announcements to make, that hopefully lead more with fixes to the problem that led them here as opposed to staff additions etc

Agreed. I’m probably one of the few people that hopes they make a solid recovery. DCI can use all of the positive stories it can get right now. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Agreed. I’m probably one of the few people that hopes they make a solid recovery. DCI can use all of the positive stories it can get right now. 

I’m hoping for recovery too. Hoping whatever is done is done so openly there can be no question in the future

• Like 4

i saw on there facebook page a suggestion was made to do a podcast about their work to return to the field

• Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 5:50 PM, Newseditor44 said:

Nah. I think most actually hope they make a recovery as long as the corps and the leadership turn around and lead the way demonstrating what can be done right. The corps has a unique opportunity to show how it can done and how best to share their steps along the way. I think it's important to let the corps either succeed or fail on their own merits.

I had a director tell me a few weeks ago "Eric, you need to let your team either succeed or fail. Putting out the fires they create for themselves only stifles their growth." Good advice and I think it applies here. 

Oh btw...that same director messaged me a few hours after and said "Ok...I was wrong...you win. They have no idea how to do this and need your help." Irony I call you corporate America.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Nah. I think most actually hope they make a recovery as long as the corps and the leadership turn around and lead the way demonstrating what can be done right. The corps has a unique opportunity to show how it can done and how best to share their steps along the way. I think it's important to let the corps either succeed or fail on their own merits.

I had a director tell me a few weeks ago "Eric, you need to let your team either succeed or fail. Putting out the fires they create for themselves only stifles their growth." Good advice and I think it applies here. 

Oh btw...that same director messaged me a few hours after and said "Ok...I was wrong...you win. They have no idea how to do this and need your help." Irony I call you corporate America.

agreed. no one wants them gone, they just want them well run

• Like 2

Just listened to that haunting closer from this past season.  They were on to something.  It's heart breaking for the victims and yes the innocent corps members.  I hope they come back.  It seems SOA had often been the red headed step child of the drum corps world.  It does not condone anything, they did it to themselves.  I for one will miss them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's too bad they are going inactive. They really started something great in 2018 and improved on that in 2019. Now with essentially being noncompetitive 2020-2023 - that concerns me. I hope they can make it back. I've always loved Spirit and wanted them to do well in all aspects.