Drums Along The Waterfront (Buffalo)

21 minutes ago, Keith Hall said:

When will it return AND any chance after the new stadium is built we'll see DCI World Championships there?

If all the other shiny new stadiums that have opened in the last 15 or so years didn’t attract World Championships to come to their city, I wouldn’t count on Buffalo being any different.

But good for Buffalo for getting that new stadium deal done. The team probably had a moving company standing by if this didn’t work out. 

DCI would only move from Indy if they could get the kind of long-term deal they get at Lucas. Obviously, that isn't going to happen. Financially, it just makes so much sense to keep finals at Lucas, where DCI is headquarted.  Yea, Indy is a bore, but then so is Buffalo. WGI stays in Dayton for the same reason. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

DCI would only move from Indy if they could get the kind of long-term deal they get at Lucas. Obviously, that isn't going to happen. Financially, it just makes so much sense to keep finals at Lucas, where DCI is headquarted.  Yea, Indy is a bore, but then so is Buffalo. WGI stays in Dayton for the same reason. 

I don’t think Indy is a boring city necessarily…but it is a city that I can visit once and not feel the need to ever visit again. If that makes sense. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

I’ll take your word thstbBuffalo may be a bore, but Niagara Falls is not that far a drive which is more scenic than what Indy has to offer!

10 hours ago, Keith Hall said:

When will it return AND any chance after the new stadium is built we'll see DCI World Championships there?

when Indy stops giving DCI the financial deal is when Buffalo has a shot at finals

8 hours ago, crownisking said:

I don’t think Indy is a boring city necessarily…but it is a city that I can visit once and not feel the need to ever visit again. If that makes sense. 

it does. havent been back since 2010