Four years ago today the Drum Corps world exploded

32 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Yes, but they got better; everyday... 😁

Better every day … worse every year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Of course it has gotten better.  You want him back?

no, but look at OC, Pioneer, Spirit, and the myriad accusations against others spoken and unspoken

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Better every day … worse every year. 

Reminds me of this lady, while waiting on the bus, was probably having a great morning enjoying her coffee.  A great day that went awry.  This is usually how I feel on most Mondays @school... 🙄😁

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

no, but look at OC, Pioneer, Spirit, and the myriad accusations against others spoken and unspoken

I keep thinking “better doesn’t mean we’re at where we want to be”.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Same thing.  Now there are at least enough policies and consequences to have addressed those situations.  It is not perfect, but we are not zeroing out the member safety caption either.

7 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Same thing.  Now there are at least enough policies and consequences to have addressed those situations.  It is not perfect, but we are not zeroing out the member safety caption either.

i would laugh, but i realize you're serious. the policies are horse ####. if they were truly enforced Spirit wouldn't be where they are now, OC and Pioneer would be with us today. The Phantom story wouldn't be going around and many others mentioned here and elsewhere since April 2018. 

so, no, not the same thing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i would laugh, but i realize you're serious. the policies are horse ####. if they were truly enforced Spirit wouldn't be where they are now, OC and Pioneer would be with us today. The Phantom story wouldn't be going around and many others mentioned here and elsewhere since April 2018. 

so, no, not the same thing

I know the policies are weak sauce, and the enforcement reluctant.  But that is not what you asked.

The thread question is if we are better off now than prior to 2018, when we had NO sauce and NO enforcement.  So yes, I think we are better off now than we were in the Jeff Fiedler era.

(The phrase "Jeff Fiedler era" is used only to set a time frame of reference; nothing else implied.)

15 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I know the policies are weak sauce, and the enforcement reluctant.  But that is not what you asked.

The thread question is if we are better off now than prior to 2018, when we had NO sauce and NO enforcement.  So yes, I think we are better off now than we were in the Jeff Fiedler era.

(The phrase "Jeff Fiedler era" is used only to set a time frame of reference; nothing else implied.)

but are we better off? policies are words. and if not enforced, even reluctantly as you admit above...are we better?

No. why? because enforcement only happens after an explosion. otherwise the policies are just words. So it shows sure, sometimes someone gets a time out, but we shouldn't HAVE to have a time out 4 years later. 

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

but are we better off? policies are words. and if not enforced, even reluctantly as you admit above...are we better?

No. why? because enforcement only happens after an explosion. otherwise the policies are just words. So it shows sure, sometimes someone gets a time out, but we shouldn't HAVE to have a time out 4 years later. 

Unless you know of a vaccine to prevent predatory behavior, we will always have to treat it after we find it.

38 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Unless you know of a vaccine to prevent predatory behavior, we will always have to treat it after we find it.

Good points on both sides. I think there has to be an over abundance of proactive measures in place for prevention AND we have to have an understanding that no matter how good those measures are, there will always be bad players who slip through the cracks. That idea is no different than what exists in every HR department (hopefully) in the world today. 

• Like 3