Four years ago today the Drum Corps world exploded

19 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i was accused by a student many years ago. never touched the student. had to fight like hell to prove my innocence. but it was later discovered the student lied.

but i never broke rule #1

Glad you were cleared. At my old church we had to tell an adult to quit being so “huggy” with the females in the HS youth group. Actually had a cop hiding in a closet when the minister told him as he flipped out (as we predicted). Threatened to sue everyone involved for character assassination. Still waiting for my summons.

That was a fun night when I got home after I found out:

Kris: how was the meeting

Me: great… I’m getting sued

Kris: WHAT!!

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Glad you were cleared. At my old church we had to tell an adult to quit being so “huggy” with the females in the HS youth group. Actually had a cop hiding in a closet when the minister told him as he flipped out (as we predicted). Threatened to sue everyone involved for character assassination. Still waiting for my summons.

That was a fun night when I got home after I found out:

Kris: how was the meeting

Me: great… I’m getting sued

Kris: WHAT!!

well if anything, being 23 and full of my own #### saved me, as my uh filter was less developed than it is now. not saying much has improved but, comments made by youthful me were deemed to be incredibly honest and made the school do deeper digging, which then exonerated me.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i was accused by a student many years ago. never touched the student. had to fight like hell to prove my innocence. but it was later discovered the student lied.

but i never broke rule #1

Which shows that all possible victims should be heard but only facts should condemn. Think about if social media was like it is now what might have been done to an innocent you.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well if anything, being 23 and full of my own #### saved me, as my uh filter was less developed than it is now. not saying much has improved but, comments made by youthful me were deemed to be incredibly honest and made the school do deeper digging, which then exonerated me.

Glad you're exonerated, but you have a filter? ( I'm joking!!!)

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Which shows that all possible victims should be heard but only facts should condemn. Think about if social media was like it is now what might have been done to an innocent you.

i have many times. i dont often jump to conclusions on some of the stories brought out. Most often i voice blame at the system that allows even the accusations to persist.

Edited by Jeff Ream

59 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Glad you're exonerated, but you have a filter? ( I'm joking!!!)

yes. i'll message you the words 22 year old me uttered

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

I would wager that very few of the words started with vowels LOL

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I would wager that very few of the words started with vowels LOL

i'll message you too LOL

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have many times. i dont often jump to conclusions on some of the stories brought out. Most often i voice blame at the system that allows even the accusations to persist.

Often in today's world the accusation even without proof can do alot of lasting damage. Victims all around...sad

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Thinking of the letters I had to google one time to see what they meant 
NSFW (not safe for work) 😨