Airfare impact on DCI 2022

To those who complain about finals being in Indy every year--you tend to forget about how great the city of Indy has been to our activity. Besides the very generous deal they get with the stadium, (other conventions pay much more), the city is home to DCI,  the airport is great, and even allow the kids to camp out overnight after finals. Plenty of good restaurants and bars close to the stadium.  If you happen to live in  California, or Alaska, pony up the airfare, and go to finals. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Wow!  Delta is waving fees for their customers & their pilots are picketing today over staffing issues.  They just admitted that they will have issues this weekend.  Will it all smooth out by the week of August 8th? 👨‍✈️👩‍✈️ 

Are you flying on delta to Indy?  

• Like 1

Y'all still checking your flights for IND?  I check about every other day; so far so good for my Delta flights.  Only a couple of CX in early June. (Hopefully just mechanical or weather.)  A few flights have actually arrived early.  🙏🤞✈️     

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Y'all still checking your flights for IND?  I check about every other day; so far so good for my Delta flights.  Only a couple of CX in early June. (Hopefully just mechanical or weather.)  A few flights have actually arrived early.  🙏🤞✈️     

Being paranoid, I’m checking daily.  But what will probably happen to me is I’ll get there without issue, but then I’ll get cancelled on the return trip and it will cost me $2000 to get home.  😂 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Being paranoid, I’m checking daily.  But what will probably happen to me is I’ll get there without issue, but then I’ll get cancelled on the return trip and it will cost me $2000 to get home.  😂 

I get it; got my suv tuned up & ready to drive if necessary.  But those flights look like they made it through the July 4th travel period without issues.    

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

My dad would have said that worst-case scenario is you walk. 😃

Gets your exercise in at the same time,

• Haha 1