RIP Joe Allison

Thank you for posting this....

For those of you that didn't know Joe. He was a DCI, BOA, WGI, DCA judge for over 40 years. If you have ever heard a "Joe tape"... You might not have agreed with the information 100% of the time, but you surely admired his kind, compassionate, humanly educational delivery. All of this that judged, wanted to "be like Joe."

Joe for the last few years battled cancer and when all of the normal treatments did not work, he went through experimental treatments that added years to his life. Who beats cancer 3 times? Not many. 

Joe was a fighter and wanted to be around for his wife, all of his kids, and grandkids. Even his beloved pets.

I am honored to call myself his friend. We spoke just two weeks ago and I told him I wanted to do a zoom call and interview him on his 50+ years in the activity, about his life, and the changes he has seen in the world. Of course, in typical Joe style, he wanted to make it about other people and not him, then a few days later... he took a turn for the worse. I have had this deep sadness in my heart for a few days now since I heard his time left on earth was almost over from his wife... Another one of my heroes ... gone.

Joe worried that when he passed that no one would show up to his funeral, so ....

FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR JOE ALLISON. (please share)
The funeral will be at First Presbyterian Church (330 W Main St, Richmond, KY 40475) on Saturday, April 30th. Visitation will also be at the church from noon until 2 and the service from 2-3 with the internment following the service.

Thank you for your kindness and support.
Edited by njthundrrd
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

My favorite "Joe Gem" while I was at Carolina Crown on a brass tape, "I need a cigarette and I don't smoke!"

• Like 1